Reload this Page >

Where to throw party in Madison

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Danna

I have to throw a 50th anniversary party in Madison this July. Am considering the Edgewater, the White Horse Inn, Quivey's Grove, Monona Terrace. Anyone have opinions on the food at these locations? Atmosphere?
Thanks so much. It's hard to tell much about food quality from a brochure or website!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 07:18 AM
jpm

This isn't much help except to say these are four of the top restaurants in Madison. The only one I don't care for is the White Horse Inn. You'll need to book something soon as all four of these tend to book solid during the summer months for weddings, etc.

Good luck,
JPM
Madison

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 07:26 AM
madison

How many people will be involved and what day of the week? If it's a Saturday I would book soon. Monona Terrace and the Edgewater are nice as they are both on a lake. Quivey's Grove is located in a very nice setting as well. I'm least impressed with the food at the White Horse Inn. There are a lot of other great restaurants in town depending on the size of your group and what kind of atmosphere you are looking for. Another possibility, might be Olbrich Gardens. It would involve working with a caterer, but they also have rooms available for private parties. Post again if you have more specific questions. Good luck.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:29 AM
jean

Of the 4 the Edgewater is the best. Last time I was at White Horse, they treated me like dirt, Quivey's has a nice atmosphere, but the food wasn't that great for the price.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:39 PM
sharon

We had a beautiful dinner reception for our family at the University Club (6 years ago). It was beautiful, the food was wonderful and the service attentive.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:37 AM
D

Thanks for the replies. I have chosen Harvest Restaurant on the square in Maidson. Anyone dined there?