Where to stop from San Fran to LA

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where to stop from San Fran to LA

Hi There, I am currently planning my honeymoon via the internet from Ireland. Most things are booked (thanks to a lot of help I received from people on this site!) We are driving from Yosemite to LA (Down the coast) and I was wondering where are the best places to stop along the way. We have only 2 nights. Santa Barbara has been reccommended before - can anyone give me a good hotel which is central?? All help greatly received..

Lainy
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 06:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My personal choice since you want to go down the coast would be to drive from Yosemite to the very pretty and quaint village of Carmel and stay one night, then drive along through Big Sur and down to Santa Barbara the second night. Then on into LA.
Others may suggest a night at Cambria and seeing Hearst Castle, but being from Ireland, I think I'd pass on that as an idea of a "castle" unless you want to see some American decadence.
There are many beautiful hotels in Santa Barbara, but if you want to save some money, I'd recommend the Holiday Inn Express which is right in the center.
Carmel? That's more of a splurge area. We love the Normandy Inn.

If you wanted more of an "adventure" you could stay at one of the places in Big Sur instead of Carmel.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 07:35 AM
ltt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
carmel and santa barbara - both beautiful romantic places. or, two nights in carmel.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Patrick did you stay at the Holday Inn Express in SB? We are going to stay there for 2 nights in April, then we are going to stay 4 nights in Carmel at the Green Lantern Inn...then 2 nights in Cambria for Hearst Castle and wineries.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 11:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carmel and the Hearst Castle in San Simeon, without a doubt.

Enjoy!

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually I haven't stayed there. We booked it on the recommendation of friends who stayed there often while their daughter was in school in Santa Barbara. But we changed plans and didn't end up there.