Notices

business meeting in NYC

Old Jan 12th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
business meeting in NYC

can anyone rec. a hotel that is well suited for a dinner and meeting for approximately 60 people.
thanks in advance
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 04:31 AM

Are you just doing a meeting for one day? Overnights? What kind of budget/atmosphere? Does neighborhood matter - where will the attendees be coming from?
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 04:44 AM

A dinner meeting at a hotel can be a very expensive proposition, even if you are all staying there. Have you thought about a private room in a restaurant or another facility?
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 05:12 AM

Who is your audience and what is the budget? Theorectically, most hotels in the city are designed to host a meeting and provide a meal for that many - if not many, many more.

If you give a little guidance, I can suggest numerous places.
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 08:15 AM
GoTravel

The Waldorf Astoria. Call the Group Sales office.

Do you need power point projecters, screens, mics and all that?

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,we are a medical sales company having a speaker for area nurses and would like to serve dinner.We had our last meeting at the marriot eastside.It was nice but the food was bad.We have a moderate budget
for 60 people.I think it will be to hard to find a restaurant as the meeting will be in the evening.any ideas are appreciated.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:37 PM

What is your moderate budget (i.e., how much per meal)? As I mentioned previously, a dinner meeting at a New York hotel will be expensive.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Agreed. You are likely to get better food at a lower price in a restaurant than in a hotel. I have staff that organize meetings all the time - and we typcially do hotels - but this is for MDs - and we do the most upscale. Even then the food is not always the best.

Convention & Visitors Bureau can give you info on moderate hotels with the type of rooms that you need - but doubt the food will be any better than the Marriott. They may also be able to help with restaurants that have private rooms - but don;t know if they would have all the presentation resources that you need - you may need to bring your own staff for that.

Separately - if your company is doing a bunch if these they should have either staff - or a supplier - that arranges all this for you - and will have all this info at their fingertips (that's how my staff do it).