Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Tucson

Search

Where to stay in Tucson

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 03:26 PM
mags

Where to stay in Tucson

Me and my husband are over from the UK touring Arizona. We are visiting Tucson from 1 - 3 January and want some advice on where to stay. We want to hike in tthe Santa Catalina mountains and perhaps do a horseback ride - maybe see centre of Tucson for a couple of hours. Can't afford the fully inclusive Ranch style places but would like somewhere with a bit of character (short notice allowing!) Thanks.

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Frida

Check www.biddingfortravel.com and then bid on Priceline. You will get a great deal for a hotel. Also, bid on your rental car this way.

You may want to check out Kartcher Caverns and the Biosphere while in Tucson.

Have a wonderful trip!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Coco

Mags,
Always enjoy the "Westward Look" on Ina Rd. Older resort, nicely refurburished rooms. Check it out on the internet.

Coco

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 03:57 AM
Nan

A few years ago we stayed at the Windmill In in Tuscon and loved it. It was reasonably priced and had lots of appeal.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 07:14 AM
patg

Look at
latierralinda.com

It is small, family-run, smack up against Saguaro Park, has horeseback riding on site, very charming history. Seemed to be very popular with British visitors, too.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 02:34 PM
E.

I like the Windmill as well, but be warned that it isn't particualrly charming--just clean, modern, with free parking and in a convenient strip-mall location for popping out for meals. If you want atmosphere, shoot for one of the B&B's in the mts.--I've driven past la Tierra, and it looks very cool! Enjoy!