Where to stay in Leavenworth, WA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to plan a weekend trip to Leavenworth next month. I intended to take the family to the Icicle Inn, but it is booked.
What other places are especially family-friendly?
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:56 AM

There are lots of good places to stay in Leavenworth with kids: Enzian Inn, Der Ritterhof, and Evergreen Inn are all good choices. The first two are on the main street, and the Evergreen is tucked away a little but has lots of options including duplex units with hot tubs.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 07:24 PM

We stayed in Hotel Anna Pension last year and it was very nice. We stayed in the little church that is converted into a big suite. The other rooms were very nice as well. Hotel staff is super friendly. It is an easy walk into town as well which make it great for going to dinner etc...
http://www.pensionanna.com/

Also we have stayed at Mountain Springs Lodge. Its between Lake Wenatchee and Leavenworth. Plenty of cabin options depending on how big your party is. Great for winter as they have snowmobiling and other activites right there...http://www.mtsprings.com

Hope that helps!
L
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 07:44 PM

I have to agree with Pension Anna and that specific room. We have stayed there several times with our children, and the inn as well as the owners are wonderful!

Another option would be to rent a vacation home. We have done that many times there and always been pleased. One place that has many homes/condos is www.bedfinders.com. They are located in the Blackbird Lodge. We have stayed in the lodge as well, but before they changed, so I do not know how family friendly it is now. It used to be great, if that helps at all.

Another home that we really like is www.eaglecreekcottage.com. The property managers for that have several other homes as well, but we have not stayed at the others so I cannot personally vouch for them.

Old Sep 29th, 2005, 07:15 PM

We stay each year at a cabin on Fish lake about 15 miles out of town and right next to Lake Wenatchee. The cabins are managed by Lake Wenatchee Hideaways out of the Blue Grouse Lodge. This link is to our annual cabin rentalm but there are many others: http://www.bluegrouse.com/html/otter_chalet_cabin.htm This particular cabin is lake front with it's own dock.

Old Sep 29th, 2005, 08:30 PM
maw

it's been a few years now, and it was a winter family getaway..but Haus Rohrbach Bed and Breakfast was a VERY family friendly place (they have 2 kids too!). A couple miles out of town so you don't have the walking convenience, but also don't have the noise etc.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 06:19 AM

Maw--That is my inlaws favorite place to stay. I have not been there, but they rave about it.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 06:41 AM
maw

mms--we liked it for a family getaway a couple times that winter but then we discovered Sun Mountain Lodge's cross country trail system (not a weekend trip at all, has to be longer..but OH those trails!!)
For romantic winter getaway (really tucked away up in the mountains)there is only one place for us by Leavenworth--Mountain Home Lodge...aahhhhhh...but that's if you love outdoor winter stuff or cozy stay put indoors(and heavenly meals), not shopping.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 06:58 AM

Maw--Oh I know both of those places too! We are like you and love getting outside around there. Even managed to break my hand cross country skiing there almost 2 years ago(don't ask, lol!). We will be back there for a week over New Year's and are getting very anxious to ski and snowshoe. We are renting a home on Icicle Rd. this time. The extended family coming with us like to be more in town, so it was a compromise. It is a new home, so it should be good.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 04:50 PM
maw

mms--that sounds like so much fun!

..We're doin about 5 nights at Sun Mountain that same time frame--

Let's PRAY for a much more WHITE winter than last year, right??!
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 05:00 PM

Maw--We will probably run into you on the trails! Yes, I hope we have a really snowy year. Last year was awful.