be in la over xmas going to lakers game
dont know if should stay near staples
center or hollywood/downtown etc
want to see other attractions also
only there 2 days help need advice
and a good hotel

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:17 AM
ann

provide more details - such as what your price range is - and if you want 3, 4, or 5star hotels. Then you will get some advice!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:18 AM
John

I think you will get more replies if you tell us:

1. Will you have a car?

2. What are the other 4-5 things you want to do besides the Lakers game?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Jenni

Holy [email protected]! IF you want a 5-star hotel..dont stay downtown. There are 2 very nice hotels downtown-not 5 star though (The Biltmore and The Hotel Figuroa - which is walking distance to the Staples center) But if you want a nice California sun and fun trip- stay out near Laguna beach (the Ritz or Loews) and rent a car,or, for a celeb sighting type place- try any of the numerous West Hollywood/Bev Hills hotels (The Standard/The W hotel on Sunset/Beverly Hills Hotel, etc)

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:31 AM
sightseer

If you won't have a car, downtown is actually a convenient place since it's a easier place to pick up the subway lines. You can take a Dart shuttle to Union Station and hop on a train to Universal Studios, Hollywood, or Long Beach.

As for a place to stay near Staples Center, I'd recommend the Figueroa Hotel (hotelfigueroa.com). It's a fun hotel decorated in a Moroccan style and is only two blocks to the arena.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Woody

Rob,

Since you want to see other attractions while you are in L.A., I suggest staying at a hotel downtown, and on gamenight, dining at one of the downtown restaurants that offer a free shuttle service to and from the Staples Center. McCormick & Schmick's, Nick & Stef's Steakhouse, and Cafe Pinot are excellent restaurants and offer this free service. Have a great time in L.A.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Renee

The Biltmore or Checkers are two good more expensive choices downtown. If you have a car downtown is a good central location. Getting to Staples from Laguna seems a little far for a two day trip. FYI: there are plenty of shuttles from points downtown to Staples but parking can be as high as 20 bucks.

Enjoy the game - beat the KINGS!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Toni

The Figueroa Hotel is a great suggestion. I stayed there recently and absolutely loved it! It's good a fun, hip feel to it and it's a close walk to the Staples Center. I'd highly recommend it.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Deborah

There is also a Holiday Inn right across from the Staples Center. I don't think I would want to stay in downtown LA. So much more to do on the westside or the beach.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:26 PM
joe

In Hollywood, depending on your budget, the Renaissance, the Hollywood Roosevelt, the Days Inn on Sunset or the Motel 6 on Whitley. All are a short subway ride to the Staples.

The Universal hotels (Hilton, Sheraton, Holiday Inn Express) are also right by the subway line.