Where to stay in Key West?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family, with two daughters, 15 & 18, are planning a trip in July. Have not been there before, but want to stay in nice upscale hotel on the beach, but close to the "action", whatever that may be!! Any suggestions?
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:08 AM

If you are going in July, there is a mini sportsman lobster season the last Wednesday and Thursday of July. You will be hard pressed to find any accommodations in Key West. We always rent a home while down there, so I'll pass on hotel/resort recommendations. Good luck.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:31 AM
cd

You do know that Key West is not known for it's beaches? I would recommend the Hyatt in Old Town. I think it has a small man made beach. It is a few minutes walk to Mallory Square for sunset celebrations and also close to the marina and the main heart of Key West. Type in "key west" up top under 'search this forum' hit search and you will get tons of info.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 11:51 AM

There are only a few hotels on the water with a beach area. The Hilton is a good location but has no beach but gorgeous views. The Hyatt is great and has a small beach - great location also. You can check keywest.com or if you decide on something other than beachfront keywestinns.com has good info on inns and has pics and online reservations.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 07:46 AM
GoTravel

Either the Wyndham Reach Resort or the Wyndham Casa Marina has its own beach but if you stay at one, you can use the facilities at both. Also, they are a decent distance away from all they debauchery of Duval Street at night but you can still walk there.

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM

I recommend the Ocean Key Resort. It has NO beach, but it's the nicest hotel in Key West and it's on the Gulf. Several years ago we stayed in a Junior Suite and had a big living room area with a full kitchen. I'm not sure if they have two bedroom suites, but it'd sure be worth looking into. The Ocean Key is smack dab in the middle of the "action."

As other posters have mentioned, the beaches in Key West are hardly worth being near...all beaches in the keys are man-made and most are tiny.