Search

Best Restaurant in Mendocino?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Wm
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Restaurant in Mendocino?

We are spending a long weekend in Fort Bragg. We haven't been to this area in a while so we need recommendations for dining in the village of Mendocino for our Friday night meal. Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 01:06 PM

My experience is a couple of years old, but we've had great meals at 955 Ukiah, Café Beaujolais' and Raven's at Stanford Inn.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM

I ate at MacCallum House and Cafe Beaujoulais last March and while both were quite good, MacCallum House was my favorite of the two.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM

I also ate at MacCallum House and Cafe Beaujoulais, and my dinner was better at Cafe Beaujolais (Note that the breakfasts at MacCallum are fantastic). I'm sure it's what I ordered...the sturgeon at Cafe Beaujolais was phenomenal. I still dream about it.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Hey Beanweb how's it going ;-)? That's funny--guess I should have had the sturgeon at Cafe Beaujoulais, ha! I had fish also (halibut I think) and it was quite good but not particularly memorable.

And while the filet mignon I had was also very good, what put the MacCallum House over the top for me was the dessert--an "ice cream taco" with 6 small scoops of homemade ice cream in different flavors, yum.
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
Wm
Original Poster

Thank you all for the feedback. Good to hear nice things about Cafe Beaujolais since it had gone down-hill after Margaret Fox sold it.

Has anyone eaten at Moosse's in Mendocino?
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Wm
Original Poster

Spent the long weekend in Fort Bragg and Mendocino. We had dinner at Moosse's Friday night--it was great! Excellent service, good vibe in the dining room and, most importantly, wonderful food. Saturday night was dinner at Rendezvous in Fort Bragg, another great dining experience though more sedate in vibe at this one. We eat at the Rendezvous every time we visit the area and are never disappointed.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM

I vote Moosse Cafe. Husband and I have had dinner there twice in the past two years and both times the food and service was very good. We have also had dinners at Cafe Beaujolais and 955 Ukiah. My personal preference of the 3 is Moosse Cafe ... although all of Mendocino is "laid back" I think Moosse Cafe is "very" laid back and unpretentious. I found Cafe Beaujolais a wee bit pretentious for what it is. Sitting next to us at Moosse Cafe last year was the moustachioed fellow with the "tam" from the Mythbusters TV show.