Where to seat for Jersey Boys?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to buy tickets on Broadway box for Jersey Boys and have found, left orchestra row E seats 9-11 for 180, right mezzanine row A seats 6-8 and left mezzanine row A seats 5-7 for 200. Which are the best ones for viewing the stage? I was thinking of seeing Driving Miss Daisy and wondering if anybody knew the good and bad seats in that theater. We will be going Dec. 8-12 so I thought I should get tickets early.
Thanks
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Kal

No suggestions but color me AND the lovely LindaL jealous!
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 12:39 PM
JJ5

I saw it in Chicago and don't think any of those seats would be all that different. It's not a show where you need to see someone coming down from the ceiling.

There are backdrops digitally for this- if it is being done the same way. And honestly, if it were I- I really like those visuals during the songs and would not want to be too forward.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM

We have a bias for orchestra, and row E is about as good as it gets. The seats are a bit angled, seats 5 and 6 off the aisle but I think that wont be a big problem.

Not a big fan of the mezz. particularly the first row. Sometimes there is a metal bar directly in front of the first row mezz that can be visually annoying, not sure of that particular theater.

You might what to ask the question on Talkin' Broadway, it's a theater forum where all the theater aficionados hang out.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 01:35 PM
cd

I also have no suggestions, just wanted to say, I too am jealous! I loved, loved, loved Jersey Boys!
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 01:49 PM

Before spending that kind of money on tickets, I would check out telecharge first (telecharge.com). $180-200 is higher than the box office price. Since you are not going until December, I would think you'd have a good chance at getting good tickets without spending that kind of money.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 02:11 PM
di

HowardR I tryed them but for the 3 days dates I gave them they could only give me seats in the last rows.
Would it be better to call the theater and buy the tickets?
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 02:24 PM

You can't call the theater directly. Telecharge is the "direct" way, unless you can physically appear at the box office. So, you may be stuck having the pay the higher prices.
I guess the Christmas season is making your ticket buying a bit of a problem.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Well I ordered the right Messz. row a seats 6-8 for Jersey Boys and left Messz. row a seats 113-115 for driving Miss Daisy I hope I picked right. Thanks for your help everyone.
Starrs if your out there what do you think of these seats you gave me good advise on my seats for the radio city show?
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
irish, I don't know. Someone said you'd asked me a question so I checked this first -

http://www.jerseyboysinfo.com/broadwayTips/

Based on those tips, it looks like you snagged some of the best seats* in the house.

I saw it at home (national tour) and loved it. Would love to see Driving Miss Daisy too. If you ever come to Atlanta, the Preservation Center offers a walk of the DMD neighborhood. I've been meaning to do that forever...

Enjoy your trip. You're going at THE most magical time of year

*Row A Mezz is wonderful for ANY show. I grabbed the furthest left seat for Sondheim on Sondheim and hated getting to the seat (in the old Studio 54) but loved being above and close to the performers (especially Barbara Cook)
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM

We saw Jersey Boys on Broadway. It was great. That theater isn't very big, so my observation is that all the seats are pretty good. I think you're going to be fine in the Mezz.

I'd prefer Mezz. seats for RC. I've seen the show twice. Once from the Mezz., and once about 20 rows from the stage. The Mezz. is better because you get a full view of the spectacle.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
ps - It sounds like a great trip already planned, but if you decide to fit in another show consider Million Dollar Quartet. I LOVED it.

http://www.milliondollarquartetlive.com/
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 05:23 AM

we went 2 years ago and sat in Row k orchestra,and paid alot more than that.They were great seats--the only issue i found with the seats,and probably all the seats in that theater, is that for a big pertson like me, (Im 6-4, 220) they were a little tight.In fact the guy in front of us, who was taller/bigger had to leave and stood up the seat was way too small for him.So if thats an issue,id get ailse seatsWe went to South Pacific as well, and those were fine.Its a great show,especially if youre from that era,like me.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 06:34 AM

We say Jersey Boys in Las Vegas, so I can not tell about NY. But I would like to recommend you, as also Starrs did, Million Dollar Quartet. WWe loved it, even more than JB.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

bigbomoho
I know how you feel my husband is 6'4 and sons are 6'2 & 6'5 so they are always having hard times fitting. This trip is for me and a dear friend who is celebrating 12yr cancer free breast check up. So the seats look okay for us maybe snug with coats.

Starrs & valtor, I'm checking to see if we have time for one more, We have orch section 4 row dd seats 407-408 for radio city christmas show, Starrs said these were close but good seats I won't have to tilt my head back. Plus jersey boys and driving miss daisy. We are also doing tea at the St.Regis. Looking at the christmas windows, shopping at Bryan Park, seeing the tree at the Met is there something else we should see? We have been to nyc before so we have seen all the tourist things, but we haven't been at christmas and this time we just want to take in the beauty and celebrate life.So if anybody can think of some fun things were open. Will be there from dec.8-11(were playing hooky from school, were teachers).
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM

definitely go to Rockefeller Center to see THE TREE.Its kind of neat to do a little skating there as well--if you do that, go thru Tiffanys--they let you tour thru.If the timings right, have lunch/dinner at Morrells wine bar/cafe right across the street on 49th--and St Pats Cathedral is pretty awesome as well