Where to meet at San Diego airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend is coming to SAN on American; I am flying in on Southwest. We will arrive around the same time. We will be taking a taxi to Coronado Island.

Can you suggest a place at the airport where we can meet?
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 06:09 AM

I believe they come in at seperate terminals and are quite a distance apart...I do think there is a tram outside that runs between (please confirm this). I would probably take the tram to the American Terminal and catch the cab there as its the bigger terminal and probably more cabs.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 07:06 AM

Lindbergh Field is not the best designed airport and always seems under construction. Your planes do arrive in separate terminals. They are not that far apart, but may be difficult to get between the two. I am not aware of any tram.

I would suggest that whoever has the later arrival, meet at the taxi stand for that terminal. That gives the earlier arriver time to get there, even if your flights arrive around the same time.

Also might want to consider if either has checked luggage, as that will add time.

Enjoy Coronado and all you do. FYI: No one here calls it Coronado Island.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 07:12 AM

http://www.san.org/documents/maps/SA...r_Terminal.pdf

shows a loop for a bus between terminals so that is probably your best bet.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM

I'll be there tomorrow morning!
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

My flight should get in an hour before my friend's. I will take your suggestion of meeting by the taxi stand at her terminal. And I will refer to it as Coronado and not Coronado Island!
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:20 AM

I think American Airlines arrives in Terminal 2; Southwest in Terminal 1. You can walk if if your luggage has wheels or is not too heavy.

There is a loop between the terminals for cars and transportation. Any bus would be at a cost and unless you have lots of heavy or awkward luggage or have trouble walking, just walk. Really I think it would be just as much a hassle to find the bus stop and wait for the bus [which run every 15 min on weekdays and every 30 min on weekends/holidays] as it would be to just walk and find the taxi pick up point.

Regarding the taxicab pick up point - there is only one area for all terminals. From the airport website - "If you need a taxi, simply follow the signs leading to the Transportation Plazas. A Transportation Coordinator will place you with the first available taxi – unless you specify a particular taxicab company." Sorry for my earlier erroneous information that there were separate taxi stands for each terminal. Just shows you how small Lindberg Field really is.

Don't know what time of year you are travelling, but Coronado is lovely, no matter what you call it!