Where to eat

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:45 PM
Rick

Where to eat

I would appreciate any recommendations on where to eat in the DC area. I would like to know about the local favorites as well as the high end restaurants. I'm looking for good bars also. Are there and good places to drive to that are within 1 hour that are worth the drive . Thanks

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:46 PM
xxxx

Eat at a table.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:27 PM
E.

Ardeo, across from the Uptown movie theater, is great--terrific food, upscale, quiet atmosphere. Raku in Dupont Circle is fun for pan-asian, with a young crowd and reasonable prices. Johnny's Half-Shell, also in Dupont, is a chic little oyster bar. There are TONS of others--what cuisines do you like? Any particular neighborhoods you'll be in?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:28 PM
E.

Ooh, almost forgot to mention Cashion's in Adams-Morgan. Yum! But you'll need reservations.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:34 PM
E.

OK, one more remark: go to washingtonpost.com and look around for the restaurant guide, You can typoe in neighborhood and/or cuisine and get recommendations, and I've found the reviews to be quite accurate, in my opinion. And my final 2 cents: the lobby of the Tabard Inn is nice for a cozy drink by the fire on a blustery night.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:51 PM
Rick

Thanks E
Im looking for fresh and fun instead of stuffy and overpriced, but I really want "Good Food". American cuisine would be good but we will try anything.
We will be in Rockville and Williamsburg

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:01 AM
senator

You should brown bag it and eat right in the middle of Tom Daschle's desk. When he is there of course.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM
E.

Williamsburg?? As in Colonial Williamsburg in VA? I hope you know it's 3 1/2 hours from DC--I'm sure you know that. As for fresh and fun, try Jaleo, in either Bethesda or near the MCI Center in DC. Another poster suggested it, and it really is fun. Johnny's Half Shell jumps on weekends. Ardeo is a bit stuffy, but awesome food. Raku is definitely fun. Good luck!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:33 AM
Rick

Rick - like any ajor city, there are thousands of restaurants, so just depends on what you're looking for.

If you're in Rockville, I would eat in nearby Bethesda. Besthesda (home of NIH, Naval Hospital, Discovery Channel) has a LOT of restaurants. I would go to washintonian.com and check their ratings. They sort by city/suburb, cuisine, etc. Enjoy!