Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where should I have my 50 person client event?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 12:26 PM
kvinny

I am going to a trade show in Las Vegas at the end of September. One of the nights I would like to host a 50 person cocktail reception for clients and prospects. Any suggestions as to where I should go? I've heard about Red Square in Mandalay and Mon Ami Gabi's patio in Paris. Needs to be upscale...no cheesiness, please!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 12:40 PM
xxx

You can't been the gorgeous views of Vegas from the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio. They have an outside area that would be nice. Also, contact the Vegas Convention and Visitors Bureau and they can send you ideas as that is what they are for. Also look at maybe the Guggenhiem in the Venetian.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 05:36 PM
snarla

Hi,

A very timely question
I'm in the process of planning a 70 person wedding in Vegas so I'm well versed in this stuff.

Mon Ami Gabi is great. Their private room has a beautiful view of the Bellagio fountains
Red Square is nice but quite pricey
Monte Carlo Pub and Brewery is nice. They have a second floor area for private parties. The hotel catering takes care of all large parties so you can find their menus on the hotel website. I'm having my cocktail/dinner reception there. (there's a tram to the bellagio)
Les Artistes at Paris is good
Try the MGM and Venetian restaurants as well

Good Luck!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 05:37 PM
snarla

Oh, forgot to add about the Voodoo Cafe/Lounge at Rio. We looked into this as a reception option because we love it, but they don't book large parties after 5pm. sorry.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Theresa

The lounge at Rio does have a fabulous view of the all the lights at night. You may also want to try some of the pool areas. Many of the hotels will let you host receptions poolside and even offer entertainment. Be careful about distance - transportation and gathering your invitees could be a problem.

Theresa

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:31 PM
xxxx

Don't know if this will meet your needs, but check out www.gordonbiersch.com -- brewery restaurant group, based in California, with really good food. I think they have a private party area. .. a 'locals' hangout, off the strip but not very far, and very close to the convention center.

I would also love to go to a private party at Mon Ami Gabi -- celebrated a birthday there two years ago and loved both the food and the view of Bellagio - wish I could go again this year!

I just checked out the Gordon Biersch website -- they post their 'parties' menus, at various price points, online, along with contact info for all their locations. Hope this helps!!