Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Which is nicer? Outrigger Wailea or Renaissance Wailea

Which is nicer? Outrigger Wailea or Renaissance Wailea

Aug 19th, 2002, 08:49 AM
CC

Which is nicer? Outrigger Wailea or Renaissance Wailea

Any information would be appreciated. Which resort do you prefer and why? Thank you.

Aug 19th, 2002, 11:58 AM
jal

Renaissance Wailea by a long shot!

Aug 19th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Lenore

We stayed at the Outrigger Wailea during our first trip to Maui this past April. I can't say enough about it. We had absolutely no problems or complaints and would definitely stay here again. If you want more specific details, please do a search under "We LOVE Hawaii...." I have a 3 part trip report under this heading. I think the Outrigger is detailed in part 2. Enjoy!

Aug 19th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Joe

We stayed @ the rennassiance in late July. It was very nice. We upgraded to the Makena beach club. It was seperate from the main hotel. Right on the water. Only 28 units, seprate, pool, cabana staff and it included breakfast. We felt like it was worth the extra dough. The beach is greta and there is lot's of swimming and snokelling activites. I would'nt bother with the Luau, head to the Old Lahanina Luau or Feast of Pele, Both in Lahina. It gets windy late morning ,os do you water stuff early. Rent gear from Maui dive shop (kihea) it is cheaper than renting it at the resort

Aug 19th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Linda

I've stayed at both and much prefer the Outrigger. I've also stayed at Grand Champions Villas in Wailea and choose there over both the Outrigger and the Renaissance.

Aug 19th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Carol

The Renaissance is definitely nicer than the Outrigger. The beach at the Renaissance is beautiful to say the least. The beach at the Outrigger is real rocky. Also, the Renaissance is cheaper if you get the Entertainment rate.

Aug 19th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Lani

Definitely the Renaissance...........spent several vacations there! Not knocking Outrigger - also very nice - but Renaissance has the most gorgeous gardens and the best beach! No-brainer in my opinion!

Aug 20th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Jim

The Outrigger wins hands down. I'm just back from a stay there last week. The Renaissance is cold and sterile; the Outrigger has the atmosphere and beauty of what I've come to expect in my many years of travel to Hawaii.

Aug 20th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Ginger

Jim has nailed down the differences between the Outrigger and the Renaissance perfectly. GO OUTRIGGER!!!

Search this Thread