Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where is my thread "Pacific Northwest Dream Vacation"???

Sep 19th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

To everyone who replied to my posting, I can't find this posting anywhere...I saw this morning that there were many very helpful replies...but now that I'm at lunch ready to read them, the entire thread has disappeared!!!!

Are any of you able to find it by clicking on your screenname and looking in the threads that you've posted in?

I've e-mailed Fodors Editors in hopes that they might be able to retrieve it, but I imagine they probably can't.

I hate to ask all of you to rewrite everything...could you at least repeat the highlights of what you posted??

I'm sorry
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:22 PM
GoTravel

TTT for mrkindallas

Sep 19th, 2005, 12:36 PM

It died from lack of interest. Sorry.
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Pappy...

No need to be rude. It had many replies and was just posted yesterday, so please keep your comments to yourself.

Thanks!
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:56 PM

I believed it "died" because there was someone that posted on it in violation of Fodors rules which had nothing to do mrkindallas. I hope everyone will repost their information for him.
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:59 PM

This is a shame when a whole report gets deleted, not just a rude post.
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:20 PM

What info was in it that was against rules? Im kinda new please enlighten me....
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Some other person decided to go through several threads and post a business advertisement, which is against the rules. They had posted in about 20 threads within 30 minutes. One of those postings was in my Pacific Northwest Dream Vacation Thread.

I'm one of the people who e-mailed Fodors requesting that they stop that person and delete that person's postings.

For whatever reason, my entire thread was deleted rather than just that one posting within the thread that violated rules.

I haven't received a response to the e-mail that I sent to Fodors Editors - not even an e-mail saying "we can't restore it" along with an apology.

It had so much useful information in there that I was so thankful to receive - and would have been helpful to others planning a trip to the region. I briefly read over some of it this morning, but can't remember any of the details...It's really unfortunate that someone else had to ruin a good thing.
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

I did just receive a reply from Fodors with an apology and noting that they cannot retrieve all that information.

I am going to repost the original question to the best of my ability, so PLEASE if you originally responded, try to repost your response.

I really appreciate it!!
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

To everyone else...Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I've now reposted my original post and hope that everyone can provide the same great advice that they did the first time!! It's title is the same: "Pacific Northwest Dream Vacation."
Sep 19th, 2005, 05:10 PM

Sorry you lost your thread. I posted on it earlier.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa..._name=Kinch500

Here is a link to my recent trip report. We spent 4 days in the ONP and loved every moment.

Donít know what your interests are but we stayed in La Push at the Ocean Park Resort and it was awesome. We liked this location the best to base ourselves out of.

My 2 absolutely beach must sees would be Ruby Beach and Second Beach (serious tide pools) you could look through my photos and see if the scenery is something you would like.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/211399/index.html

I also would recommend a whale tour. 3 pods of killer orca whales are residents of Puget Sound and they take my breath away. Love them.

There are so many great things to see that I dont thing you could go wrong with any choice.

Sep 19th, 2005, 05:29 PM

I am So sorry to see that your original thread is gone! I was enjoying reading all the great advice you were getting, and as I told you then, I was so impressed with how kind and helpful you are to people on these boards, I wished I had some good suggestions for you too.
We will keep this at the top and everyone can re-post.
Good riddance to that LIVE..every once in a while, some fool posts advertising on these boards, but I have never seen an entire thread deleted because of it.
Maybe you should keep copying the new thread to insure keeping it~