Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What's a good hotel in Minneapolis? And restaurant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're going to spend a weekend in Minneapolis -- first-time visit. Can you recommend a well-located hotel that's nice (don't need a 5-star, and we'll be on foot or Ubering) and a couple of things you think are great to do while there? We'll go to a Twins game but would like at least one other activity. And would love recommendations for a great place for lunch and breakfast. Thanks!
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 11:19 AM

Embassy Suites downtown on 6th may work. Walking distance to Target Field, a block from the metro line to the airport and Mall of America. Murray’s steakhouse is right there, we like to sit on the bar to eat. Keys Cafe is also pretty good for breakfast and lunch.
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 06:46 PM

The theater in the Twin Cities is good, not sure when you are going but Theater Latte Da always puts on a good show

https://www.latteda.org/merrily-we-roll-along

Either restaurant nearby would work, Erte or Northeast Social, HaiHai is good, but a bit too far to walk. https://www.haihaimpls.com/menus

The Guthrie Theater downtown always is quite reliable 2223_calendar-4.pdf

There are 2 good art museums, one comprehensive one modern, if that interests you, a bit out of downtown.

Last edited by tom_mn; Aug 15th, 2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 04:16 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Radisson
Loew’s Hotel Minneapolis
Murray’s has bern a favorite in Minneapolis for many years.- steakhouse

Last edited by HappyTrvlr; Aug 21st, 2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 09:16 AM

I stayed at the AC Hotel by Marriott a couple of years ago, and I loved the location. It was right near the Nicollet Mall train line from the airport.

* and let me say that the passage from plane to downtown Minneapolis without a car was without a hiccup.

One could stay downtown at that strategic location... have the ballpark nearby... and easily take the train to the mall as one side-trip.

(clarity:
a mere mall would mean nothing in many U.S. cities, but the Mall of America is curiosity/entertainment-worthy)
Old Sep 2nd, 2023, 12:26 PM

Your post didn’t say when you were going so I might be late here. For lunch downtown I’d try Brit’s Pub on the Nicollet Mall and sit upstairs and outside by their green space, weather permitting. Book a brunch or dinner at Spoon and Stable. Check the schedule of events at the American Swedish Institute (ASI). They have fun music and cocktail events and also a cafe’ called Fika that is worth a visit. Don’t miss the Walker Art Center and a walk through the Sculpture Garden.
Old Sep 2nd, 2023, 03:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Radisson, Lowe’s for hotels. Murray’s is a Mpls classic.
Old Sep 2nd, 2023, 03:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Since the OP mentions a Twins game and posted in Aug 2022, I doubt they is still looking for suggestions . . .
Old Sep 2nd, 2023, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by janisj
Since the OP mentions a Twins game and posted in Aug 2022, I doubt they is still looking for suggestions . . .

Good eye! Another hint for me to stop posting late at night. 😉 Hope my comment helps another visitor to Mpls sometime anyway.
Old Sep 3rd, 2023, 07:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Finecheapboxofwine
Good eye! Another hint for me to stop posting late at night. 😉 Hope my comment helps another visitor to Mpls sometime anyway.
No prob - I do the same thing -- either posting late or multi-tasking and not doing either task all that well