Reload this Page >

What to do in Key West?

Search

What to do in Key West?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:21 PM
margaret

What to do in Key West?

I'm planning a getaway in October and am considering a 5 day stay at the Sheraton Suites in Key West. After I see the Hemingway House, 1 or 2 sunsets, and do a bit of fishing, what else should I do? Will I be board?

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:25 PM
x

you do know it is not in Old Town..and you`ll have to drive there..and parking is a pain...do a search on Fodors..lots to do.....enjoy...

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:28 PM
x

I`d suggest you ck out--keywestparadise.com and see the schedule of events...Sloppy Joes,Mallory SQ..Hogs` Breath,etc

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:34 PM
Jen

I did a tour of Truman's Little White House. Was quite impressed. The tour guide was very charming.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:36 PM
Paul

Definitely scuba dive if you're up for it. If you aren't a diver, you have time to get certified before you go. Nice reefs and wrecks to dive on there.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:38 PM
xxx

X, I did a search on Fodors for Key West, Keys, and Lower Keys. Half the answers I got were YOU telling people to do a search. If you can't give out any information, please don't reply.

To the original poster, No, you will not be bored as there is a lot to do. People watching is great, do the conch tour, take the Dry Tortugas trip.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 03:38 PM
x

They have a haunted house tour at night which is a blast. Try doing the walking tour of the historic houses, you can get a map at the Visitors Center, tour the cemetery and read the funny tombstones, shop, do the pub crawl, go up to the top of the lighthouse, hang out and chill....

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:25 PM
Cindy

Drink, dive, or fish.

You can get the Sheraton Suites thru Priceline for less than $100 per night, sometimes as low as $65, most times of the year.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:09 PM
margaret

This si great advice. In searching some of the other querries about Key West, I've learned that renting a scooter is a good idea. Now I'm really psyched. I've wanted to rent a scooter since I fell in love with Vespa's in Florence, Italy.