Search

westin maui

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
westin maui

Am looking into booking a trip to the westin maui in MArch. Has anyone been there recently? IS there a charge for lounge chairs on the beach? Is there a daily fee for parking, etc? How much is the breakfast buffet? What does their children's program consist of? any other comments are appreciated.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 08:54 AM

Stayed there a couple of years ago,breakfast buffet is expensive,Longhis has a much better breakfast,yes they charge for parking and lounge chairs,look at the web site to see current charges.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 09:01 AM

We just returned from a stay at Westin Maui. I posted a trip report called "2 weeks in Paradise! DebitNM Hawaii Trip Report part 1" I will top it for you, if you can't find it...click on my name to locate it quickly.

Are you doing this stay as part of a timeshare presentation or on a referral from someone who owns a timeshare? IF so, let me add to my report and say that you don't get a room with a very good view with these deals. They are on low floor and overlook parking lot.

Also, you can no longer use the pools at their sister properties, if that matters to you. You can use their beaches, restaurants and have signing privileges but not their pools.

And yes, you have to pay for chairs to use on the beach - umbrellas too. And of course, a tip goes with it.

There is free self parking, but it is a small lot. If it is full, they will valet park it for free for that day. Tips again. Lots of tipping...

They are renovating rooms, which should help.

If you have any other Q's post or email me directly.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

We are not staying as a time share. There is a deal through American Airlines we are checking into. Do you recfall how much it is fro a lounge chair? That sounds ridiculous!!
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 02:55 PM

salgal...I don't know how much they were charging for chairs/umbrellas at beach, sorry. There was no way I was going to pay for them after paying $18.50 resort fee per day. Neither of the other 2 hotels we stayed at [on BI and Oahu charged resort fees nor to rent chairs and the one on Oahu WAS a timeshare presentation thing!]

I think the deal from American is like mine[not a timeshare but included room and car and a $75 hotel credit for food, shops etc.] you may be looking at the same type of room. Something to keep in mind.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
They charge a resort fee AND a fee for beach lounge chairs? I have never heard of that before. It does sound ridiculous.