West Hollywood dinner help

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Hollywood dinner help

Hello - for my mom's 60th birthday, we are going to see a taping of The Price is Right in Hollywood. Anyway, she would love to have dinner somewhere where she might spot a celebrity - but it would have to be in West Hollywood as we will be staying in a hotel there, and taking a cab to dinner and don't want to go too far. Even if she doesn't see a celebrity, it should be somewhere where she would still be happy with the good food - yet not too pricy, maybe $25 per entree...or thereabouts. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Also, it will be on a Wednesday night, if that matters. Thanks.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM

How about Ago's? An Italian place owned partially by Robert Deniro. In West Hollywood.

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM

I hope you have a great time at The Price Is Right. After I graduated from college I traveled across country and was a contestant on The Price Is Right. Make sure you tell them that it is your Mom's 60th birthday when you go past where the producers sit when you are in line. I would also say something like the only present she asked for was to come here. It might work to get her called on stage. I only won consolation prizes because I didn't actually make it up on stage, just to the contestant's row. I still use the coffee grinder that I won in 1991. LOL! Have fun and post a trip report when you get back.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses - yes we are totally looking forward to Price is Right Regarding Ago, the menu looks great, but it seems to have gotten mixed reviews from what I have read. Don't know if anyone reading this post might have an opinion...I will also search Fodors for people's reviews of Ago. Thank you!
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Neopolitan

I absolutely love Ago's, but I'm not sure it's what you want. Frankly, you won't be able to talk -- the noise there is deafening (part of the scene).

Luques, right next door to Ago is wonderful and a real celebrity haunt. That entree budget is only a tad low, but costs can add up from there pretty quickly. The food is exquisite but different. Take a look at the site, but there are always mainly more daily offerings than on the menu.
www.lucques.com

Another good spot and considerably less expensive is Pane e Vino on Beverly at Sweetzer. Reserve on the patio which is THE spot at night. I'm the world's worst celebrity spotter, but there are often lots of them there.
http://www.panevinola.com/

La Boheme on Santa Monica Blvd. just east of La Cienega is a wonderful place with over the top decor and is in your price range. Celebrity sightings could be a likelihood.

Just be aware that as sure as you are looking for a celebrity, you probably won't see one. They tend to turn up in the most unexpected places.