Notices

Looking for Best Penthouse Hotel in NYC

Old Sep 4th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Best Penthouse Hotel in NYC

Hi Big Apple Experts; my mother in law has asked me to help her book a big, "splurge" hotel in New York for the first weekend in October (her big 6-0); Now I know my boutique NY hotels, but I don't usually go for penhouse fancy topfloor.. I have been looking into the Westin, Essex House near the Park, but am open to anything; they just need to be close to B'way and can afford a fair bit of money, but not thousands per night! (which puts a damper on, perhaps "best" is a little ambitious Thanks!
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 08:31 AM

Trump International http://www.trumpintl.com/default.asp

They have suites overlooking Central Park and weekend special rates.

Debi
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 08:32 AM

Well - not sure what you mean by "penthouse" - upscale apartment buildings often have them - but not many hotels.

Do you mean a suite - with a completely separate living room? (I presume you're not loking for the presidential suite or whatever the best suite in each hotel is called - that could be thousands per night).

What style hotel are you looking for - traditional? modern?

Is a suite in a 4* fine - it sounds like you don't want to spend what a suite in a 5* would be (one of the Central Park View suites in the Mandarin Oriental would be $2300 per night - larger suites would be more).

And you mention near Broadway (Times Square?) but you're naming places nearer Central Park - about 10/15 blocks away from Times Square.

Are you looking for a view, or a sauna or anything else in particular???

If you could give us a $ amount and more details it would help.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 09:16 AM
GoTravel

I would book one of the upper floor Central Park View rooms from Le Parker Meridian.

Close to Broadway and will not cost what the 'regular splurge' hotels (Mandarin Oriental, St. Regis, RC, Carlyle, etc) would set you back.

Excellent hotel with Normas (excellent award winning breakfast) and the burger joint (critical raves).

Old Sep 4th, 2006, 10:13 AM

That might fit your needs - a Tower View with Queen bed and park views is $500 plus tax, a junior suite - but city views - starts at $675.