Search

Weho hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weho hotel

Is anyone familiar with the Summerfield Suites by Wydham in West Hollywood? Getting mixed reviews on the web.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM

Over the past 15 years, I've spent about a total of 8 months there, starting even before it was Summerfield Suites.
What do you want to know? I love the place. For the past few years though, each time we stayed they said, "next time we will have remodeled. And when we were there in August they were indeed starting that major remodel, so the rooms that were starting to get threadbare will be very nice now.
Most suites are really sort of a raised "balcony" area with a railing that serves as a semi-separate bedroom from a sizeable living room with a fireplace. Units also have an outdoor porch big enough to sit and relax on, although I don't know why anyone would when the roof is a wonderful relaxing area with smallish pool, whirlpool, and spectacular views on all four sides. There is gated parking below the building. They always used to include full buffet breakfast, but I guess they are now doing away with that and adding a full scale restaurant (why? I ask). I love the location, in a small residential neighborhood, but a short walk to Sunset, Santa Monica Blvd, or La Cienega.

Any more questions? The comments about rooms needed updating or redecorating should be void now.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. From what I've read they have completed the renovations and still include breakfast. Next question. How close is it to the shops on Rodeo and Graumans? I will be travelling with my 19yo daughter and her friend. Is is fairly easy to navigate area. We also want to go to Universal, Warner Bros. and some other tourist places.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:56 PM

Yes. Very easy to navigate (I'm assuming you have a car, right?)
Because it is so close to three MAJOR streets mentioned above, it is easy to get to downtown Beverly Hills, to Hollywood, or really to anywhere else.
Interesting about the breakfast. I just talked to sales there about two weeks ago thinking about a month stay once again -- this time in August. But she said there was no longer complimentary breakfast. Maybe there is one for "sale". For what it's worth, they have also pretty well eliminated the mini, but complete kitchens.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

I did call the hotel directly this am and was told that they do still have the included breakfast.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:35 AM

No problem. I guess what I was told was that by August when I'd be there they would have the new full service restaurant opened (presumably a sublease deal) and THEN there would no longer be free breakfast. By the way, the parking is extra -- something like $20 or more a day as I recall, but that's not unusual in LA. They used to waive that fee totally for a month stay, but this time told me they would reduce it to $12 a day. That's still $360 for the month of parking! I love the place but over $4500 a month total is starting to seem higher than I want to spend.