Weekend getaway away from NYC in March

Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Weekend getaway away from NYC in March

Looking to plan a weekend getaway (2 nights) most likely around mid-March with my boyfriend.

I'm looking for a broad range of ideas. A romantic place is always good, but not necessary. I don't ski/snowboard, so I'm not sure what places north of NYC can offer, but if there are snow-y places in March that have more to offer than just skiing, then I'm open to that too.

Anywhere that has mild weather, not more than 4 hours away from the city, with good hiking/scenery?

Really just open to anything as long as we have something to do and the weather isn't awful.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:10 PM

I'm assuming you are planning to fly somewhere? Four hours drive (especially north!) isn't really going to get you a milder climate or good weather in general.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Well I don't necessarily mean warm climate. We actually just plan on driving or taking a train.

Like I mentioned, snow is fine as long as there's something to do besides ski/snowboard.

Are there weekend getaway places anywhere south (but not TOO far south) of NY?

In terms of places north of the city, any place where there will be something to do? My concerns are that March is that awkward time of the year when it can be cold or warm, but I'm not really sure.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM

I'm not sure mid March is great for hiking. either direction, depending n the weather, you're likely to run into snow, sleet and/or mud.

To be sure of what you're getting I think you need to be either further north (definite snow) or much farther south (definite early spring).
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

In that case, what are some places up north where we can actually do stuff besides ski/snowboard?

And by further south, how far south are you talking?