Wedding - Gulf Shores

Search

Wedding - Gulf Shores

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding - Gulf Shores

I made a mistake and posted this under Florida - so I am trying under the correct state hoping to get some constructive input. My nephew is planning to get married in July on the beach in Gulf Shores. It will be a very casual wedding, but I would like some help on a reasonable (under $200 a night) place to stay on the beach and catering, rain contingencies, etc. Also, after the hurricanes, are things back to normal?
Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:40 PM

My sis lives in Fairhope and my boss has a cottage in GS that was only minimally damaged in Ivan.

Sis says some of GS is back up and running and other parts are not. She suggests you would do better calling Meyer Reality and arranging a condo. Otherwise, you'd need to just call each hotel you may be interested in (800#) or check on line.

I do know that Perdido Beach Resort is planning on being back in business by March 10th...my hubby has a meeting planned there, and I have a professional meeting planned there in April. It's my favorite resort in that area! Hope you find this helpful!...My nephew married there last May...in St. Thomas Catholic Church. OSB.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I have checked a few hotels and it seems that the rates are really high in the area - I wonder if the rates are up because of all the repairs - well we will just have to pay, I can't miss the wedding
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 03:26 PM

Did you at least ask for Senior Citizen (if applicable ) or AARP dicounts...or AAA

I've found most hotels will to SC at age 50 (10%). I joined AARP for $12 online in order to qualify for 10% off of one of our Maui condos.

Sometimes the hotel will offer a discount online. Belle
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 03:22 PM

Check out the Courtyard in Gulf Shores. It's 3.7 miles from the beach, but it's nice and the drive is short.
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:02 AM

Have you checked out the Beach Club in Fort Morgan? Haven't been there yet this year but they had weddings every weekend before Ivan.