The Best Wedding Site on Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our daughter is thinking of planning a tropical wedding in Maui 2006. There are so many beautiful locations. Only, having been to Maui twice, we're not sure of the best location. Any Suggestions?
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM

nancy,
Here is a thread that has some info for might be useful.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34544988
-Bill
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:47 AM

Get your hands on a copy of Pacific Rim Weddings. http://www.asimplyelegantwedding.com/locations.html has pictures of some locations on the site. They are probably the best connected wedding coordinators on the island. You might want to start out by speaking to Ellen at SEW--she is very knowledgeable and heplful.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM

Hi Nancy,

I don't think there is one best location in Maui to get married. Given that each person has different preferences you could get a wide range of "best" places on Maui to get married. Additionally, you may need to consider the size the wedding party (including guests) and what exactly you're looking for in a location.

That being said here are some suggestions based on my personal experiences.

* The chapel at Grand Wailea Resort - beautiful chapel and great avenue for taking pictures at the beach and around the grounds of the Grand Wailea.

* Kapalua area - perhaps Ritz Carlton grounds with sea in the background (caveat: Ritz Carlton Hotel is set back from the ocean a bit, but nonetheless the pictures would be cool even if the wedding took place on the garden grounds with the ocean in the background)

* Hotel Hana Maui - I would only recommend this location if it's a small intimate wedding affair given that some folks may not want to stay in Hana (it's beautiful, but isolated and away from a lot of the "action"). As with the Ritz, you could get married either down on the beach or on the Hana grounds.

* The beach in front of Mama's Fish House....okay, this may be a stretch because I'm not sure if the facilities are even available, but the beach in front of Mama's is private (if you go when there isn't rush hour at the restaurant) and beautiful. Heck if you're truly inclined you could even ask to "rent" the restaurant out for the afternoon or evening (albeit it will likely cost you a pretty penny) depending on the size of the guest list.

Those are just a small smathering of the potential places your daughter could get married in Maui. My recommendation would be to hire a wedding consultant on the island and get ideas from them since they're persoanlly able to go find out things for you. Or, if you know of the area of the island you want to stay in (e.g. Hana, Wailea, Kaanapali, Kapalua) you can pick a hotel in one of those locations...most larger hotels have their own in-staff wedding consultants to assist.

Goodluck! Just remember, you can't go wrong with a wedding in the islands - it will be beautiful and memorable no matter what!

Best,
Tracey
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM

I was married 5 years ago at Kapalua Bay... up on a bluff overlooking the beach. It was stunningly beautiful.... the ceremony was a sunset and the sky turned all sorts of different colors. We then went down the beach to take some more photos. We reserved the bluff for $300...so it was private. We eloped... so it was only the two of us. I'm not sure if you're planning on having a big reception... but this location was very nice for the ceremony. I was married by Reverend Charlie... www.dolphindreamweddings.com

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 02:05 PM

We're leaving for my brother's wedding in two weeks...they're getting married at the White Orchid House on Makena Beach.

I've also seen nice photos of Kaanapali Beach Estate.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 02:27 PM

My husband and I got married nearly five years ago on Makena Cove (not Makena Beach). It is a beautiful intimate beach setting. Bordered by volcanic rocks, palm trees and bougenvillieas (not sure of spelling). We were given a few sites to chose from but fell in love with this place as soon as we saw it. The people who married us said that it is the most popular spot for their weddings. Try logging on to their webset - www.maui-me.com/sites-beaches.html. My husband & I are going back in March to revisit & this time bringing along our kids!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:16 AM

I thought this place was AWESOME

http://www.pualea.com/photos.html#

We decided to get married on Kauai, but this place - if you have a ceremony with family looks sooo unique, intimate and beatiful.

It was important to me to not be parading around the beach or hotel grounds with onlookers and pedistrian traffic around us while we were saying our vows. So I was looking for private places and this was one of the place that intriqued me.