weather in NYC in October

Oct 2nd, 2005, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

weather in NYC in October

We are planning to be in NYC on October 13-16 and I am noticing on the weather sites that it is still quite warm there. I was really hoping it might be a little more like fall this time of year. I guess we will definitely not see fall colors, but my bigger concern is my wardrobe. I bought new clothes that are sweaters, boots and such. IS IT ALWAYS THIS WARM IN OCTOBER?? Just wondering if this is a fluke, or maybe things will cool down in the next week and a half. I guess my questions is, is it really as warm (70's and 80's) as the weather sites are saying and predicting??
Oct 2nd, 2005, 05:21 AM

Yes we've had an unseasonably warm fall. It's not usually quite so warm. I think by the time you arrive it will be much cooler though. Sweaters should be fine. It will be cooler by the end of next week they say. It might be a bit warm for boots though. Bring some comfy shoes.
Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:07 PM

It's true that the weather will cool down by the end of the week. But even if the daytime temps are in the upper 70's (as was today), it will cool down in the evening. Dress in layers during the day and bring a sweater for evenings. Have a great trip.
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:33 PM

It's been quite warm but a cool front will come through by the end of this week. The time you'll be here, the 13th-16th, looks like it will probably be in the 60s.
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM

No mattter how much longer it stays warm during the days, you'll probably need those sweaters at night and early morning.