Dinner suggestions in DC?

Sep 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Dinner suggestions in DC?

A friend and I are planning a visit to DC the last week in October. We are staying in the Woodley Park area. I am looking for casual/moderately priced places for dinner in this area. I am told that we are near the Adams-Morgan area but so far every restaurant that I have mapped out to Adams-Morgan has been over a mile. Our plans our to sightsee all day and then have dinner somewhere close to our bed and breakfast. We are 40ish, know how to behave in a nice place but we are only bringing jeans with us.

Thank you
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM

It's a downhill walk to Adams Morgan from where you are staying and a cheap taxi ride home. I would highly recommend Adams Morgan simply because of the wealth of GOOD places to eat there. You can hardly go wrong. I think most places in the Woodley Park area are pretty mediocre, to be honest. I would recommend another that is North of Woodley Park, (further up Connecticut): Trattoria Lilliana, but it too is more than a mile and would require a cab.

Plus any of the rest of my suggestions would be DuPont Circle or even more downtown. You should be fine in blue jeans in most all but the fanciest DC eateries.
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM

Consider Palena or Spices on Connecticut Ave. just above the zoo.
There are also lots of restaurants around the Woodley metro station, but most are nothing special. The one exception may be New Heights, on Calvert just off Conn near the Shoreham. For more casual, there's the Afghan Grill, also on Calvert, but in the direction of Adams-Morgan.
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Agree with what's been said above. Will add that as a 10-year native of Woodley Park and Adams Morgan, I say head to Adams Morgan. Plenty of choices, and mostly without reservations needed.

Favorites. Upscale: Cashions (should get reservations). More moderate: La Fourchette. Nice casual dress as outlined above is fine at either.

If you must stay in Woodley Park, I'd say go with Lebanese Taverna.

Enjoy!
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:17 PM

I am staying in the Woodley Park vicinity on October 8th (Omni) and based on recommendations from Fodor's and reviews on chowhound.com I've booked Cashion's Eat Place in Adam's Morgan. I haven't been but it looks great (www.cashionseatplace.com)great and I've heard you'll find all manner of dress from casual to dressy (though I wouldn't mind hearing first hand that jenas are okay).
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:18 AM

Jeans with stylish shirt/sweater/jacket -- fine just about anywhere in DC.

Jeans with beer logo t-shirt -- fine in the sports stadiums and tourist areas of the Mall, not so fine in nice restaurants.
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:18 PM

There's a great new Italian restaurant that recently opened in Adams Morgan, it's called Baci or Baci @ Anzu, something like that. It;s in the heart of adams morgan, across for Pizza Mart. Their website is www.bacivini.com. The food is great, possibly under-priced. The ambiance is nice, and it's my new favorite restaurant in Adams Morgan.
I'm sure you'll enjoy this place.
Enjoy your stay!