WDW Entrance Question

Dec 15th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

WDW Entrance Question

If we have a reservation for Bistro De Paris in Epcot, can we park in the Downtown Disney area and enter by that little path that goes into Epcot near the French Pavilion? It would be a lot closer.
There must be a way to enter for those staying at the resorts (Old Key West, Port Orleans etc.) near Downtown Disney.
Dec 15th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Yes, if you have a park pass.
Dec 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks spiro
Does anyone know the best place to park at Downtown Disney to be the closest to that entrance?
Thanks everyone for your help.
Dec 15th, 2007, 08:47 AM

I have just returned from a Disney trip, and I think you may be a bit confused by the areas.

I believe the pathway you are speaking about is from the area of the Beach & Yacht Club, as well as the Boardwalk resorts. You can walk or take a boat to the entrance you mentioned (which is just over the bridge from the France area).

I do not believe that Downtown Disney is within walking distance of this entrance. We stayed at the Beach Club and took a bus to Downtown Disney from there.

You might be able to park at the Beach Club or Boardwalk, but they are asking more and more for room keys with ID.
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

swiss - you are right! It is the Boardwalk area. Confusion is not unusual for me.

Thanks for setting me straight. So I guess we could park somewhere for the Boardwalk area?
Dec 15th, 2007, 10:39 AM

We've always had difficulty parking at the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club area unless we were staying at one of those hotels...but it's been several years since our last visit.

Jim
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:39 PM

We had lunch at the Bistro in April this year. We tried to park at Boardwalk, but the lot was full. We parked across the street in a WDW lot. I think we've tried a few times to park in that lot. Usually full. But I do like entering the park by that entrance.
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Are you a resort guest? Even though we stayed at the Beach Club, our parking permit was good at ALL of the resorts. The guard just waved us thru when we passed the security gate as he saw the plaquard on our dashboard.

If you are not a resort guest, I'm not sure you could park there. Sometimes they will let you in if you say you are coming in just for a meal, but not always.

Otherwise, if you still want to get in the back entrance of Epcot, you might try parking at Downtown Disney, taking the bus to the Beach Club, then walking from there. That would be the closest.

Have fun! If you're going to be there over Christmas, you should enjoy all the beautiful decorations and all the lights. Oh, and the Illuminations show at Epcot has an extra treat for the holidays - if you have sensitive hearing, cover your ears! It's fabulous but noisy!

Happy holidays to you!
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Unless you have a parking pass from a Disney hotel, they may give you a hard time parking at those hotels. We've done that method a few times at EPCOT, but we've stayed on property and usually had a valet parking pass.

There is a boat launch that runs from the Epcot area hotels to both EPCOT and the Disney MGM studios.
Dec 16th, 2007, 06:34 AM

We were resort guests at another resort when we tried to park at Boardwalk resort. There are simply not enough places for the Boardwalk guests to park, so it's usually impossible to park there, but you can park across the street. Also, when you park at another resort, you're supposed to only be allowed to park a couple hours. It's meant for guests who are dining at a restaurant at that resort. You'e not allowed to park and go to a park, allow many do. So, if the guard asks where you're going, don't tell him to Epcot for dinner.
Dec 16th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Great advice. Thank you.
We will leave ourselves enough time that we can park at the usual entrances if necessary.
Anyone eaten at Bistro de Paris? (The upstairs resto, not Les Chefs de France).