Wanna Get Away Concern

Search

Wanna Get Away Concern

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna Get Away Concern

Hi, I've recently bought a Wanna Get Away ticket from SWA. I'll be traveling from Houston to Baltimore. I made a bonehead mistake a didn't think about when it snows up there. What if it's snowing? Will it be cancelled and I will not be able to go, or will they just put me on the next flight? Thank you for your time!
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 02:10 PM

Huh ????? Will not be snowing tomorrow. It is rare to be snowing hard enough to cancel flights - happens but frequency is low. Flight delays for weather are more frequent. If cancel, then they are responsible for getting on the next plane at no change in fare. Sometimes, if anticipating weather problems, they will allow changes with no additional charges. So, exactly when are you going?
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

I'm not quite sure where you got the flight was tomorrow, but thank you! You were very helpful. Thank you for your time!
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They won't put you on the next flight, they'll keep you on the same flight and it will leave when the coast is finally clear.
Baltimore is pretty well equipped for snow so the airport rarely closes, though there are frequent delays and problems during snow storms.
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Ok, well let's just hope it's not heavy snow and everything will sail smoothly. Thank you for your help!
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 05:32 PM

If this helps, I always fly SWA and always on the Wanna Get Away Fare. A couple of years ago this coming December I was going from Kansas City to Austin with a layover in Dallas--very typical. Dallas had a huge ice storm that shut down the city and airport for several days so when the time came (the night before) I was notified that my flight had been cancelled. I called SWA as soon as I got the news and they re-booked me through Chicago, odd as that sounds. I arrived hours later than scheduled of course, (but still in time for the event I was traveling for), but incurred no additional cost and even kept my confirmation # and boarding position. It was surprisingly painless.
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Wow, so it seems they handle the situation very well. Thank you for your help.. I'm less worried now!
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM

Once you buy a ticket, it is a contract for the airline to get you to point B regardless of what happens at the original price. If you change, that is a different issue.
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 10:40 PM

When are you going to Baltimore?
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Wow, so it seems they handle the situation very well. Thank you for your help.. I'm less worried now!
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

I'm going late November.
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 07:56 AM

>

Finally, you answered the real question.

Where exactly do you think Baltimore is, northern Canada? The likelihood of snow in November there is 1% or less. The areas of the US most likely to have snow in November are in the upper midwest because the Canadian jet stream is in full effect there; in the east coast, the warming tides on the Atlantic keep the snows out until late December to January, at earliest. If you go to Poe-city and it snows, you're not likely to face any accumulation around Turkey Day.