Search

Walt Disney World When?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walt Disney World When?

Hi all,

I have posted several WDW questions and was planning a trip in May. Unfortunately, my DH just broke his ankle so I need to reschedule it. Any opinions on the best time to go?

There are six in our family (kids ages 5,6,7,9). Taking them out of school is OK if it means less crowds. I'm thinking maybe October? Is that hurricane season? and will it be hot enough to swim in Oct.? or too hot?

Thanks so much if you can help me out. I have posted the same question on the disboards, but gotten no real response. Please give me your opinions of the best time to go.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 11:44 PM

There are always crowds, but September/October would be fine. Yes, it is hurricane season and while you will not get the same type of storm coastal areas get, you could get terrible wind, lots of rain and inland hurricanes can throw off tornados. But hurricanes are usually fast moving systems by the time they get inland. Still plenty hot enough to swim.

But weather in central Flordia is never perfect. Spring can breed tornados and rain, winter can get cold by Florida standards, summer is oppressively hot. So take your pick and hope weather cooperates.
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Our personal favorite time is the first week of december. The x-mas decorations are up, mickey's very merry christmas party, and the weather is usually still warm enough to swim, especially since the pools are heated slightly. Crowds are generally low so the eaelier park closings aren't an issue.
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 04:43 AM

Hurricane season lasts from June 1st-December 1st. Agree with gail in that September/October would be fine. Usually by mid-October the daytime highs drop below 90F for the first time while ocean temps remain above 80F. The last half of October would seem to cover it all (and have a slightly diminished hurricane/tropical storm threat).
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 07:38 AM

Janeen, we are going the last week of September with kids 6 and 4. We got a great deal from AAA for the whole package minus air = $2100.

Disney may also be offering the dining plan free in August/September. There are many rumors on disboards.com about this.

Maybe we will see you there!
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM

We love the first week of Dec. too. Crowds low - decor high! Jan & Feb are also great.
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 01:07 PM

We like the second week of January. Low crowds and just warm enough.
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 03:54 PM

September is great, especially the end of it (when the Food and Wine Festival starts).