Search

Walt Disney World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walt Disney World

Can my family use the resort amenities at a luxury resort that my husband and I would stay at, while they are only staying at a moderate resort in Walt disney world?
Thanks!
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:23 PM

I would assume so, but it wouldn't hurt to call the resort. I think if they're meeting you at your room and you go together, the staff probably wouldn't know the difference. What resort? It might depend on the amenities too - such as if there's a fee, or if you need to show your room ID.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:28 PM
GoTravel

I am almost positive everyone must show a room key to use the pool and I know it is required for the gym etc.

So many people wander through the different hotels, it would be a nightmarish situation if they didn't.

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Neopolitan

Sure. It's perfectly acceptable. It's just like picking up a sandwich at Subway or MacDonald's, carrying your own bottle of Coke and going into a restaurant to use their table, silverware, and glasses and relax while eating it. Especially if it's a restaurant you "would" eat it.
HUH?

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:34 PM

Good point, Neopolitan, but I was thinking the family would be joining the hotel guests - not going in by themselves. Maybe I'm wrong...
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
GoTravel

In z3fan's defense, I know that there are instances that it is commonplace to have family members join you at resorts when they are not staying there.

However, places like Disney, Hawaii, and Vegas where everyone is trying to pool hop to a better pool, it isn't allowed.

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Neopolitan

Wow did I misread your post. I didn't realize that you are actually staying at that resort. When you said "at a luxury resort that my husband and I WOULD stay at" I interpreted it as one you would normally stay at, but aren't.
I guess what you really mean is "at a luxury resort that my husband and I ARE staying at". And I thought you were including yourself in "my family", in other words that you were all staying at the moderate resort. Big difference.

Nevertheless, I'd sure ask about it before inviting them.

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Wow did I get some mean replies! Anyway, my husband and I will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and my parents and sister and brother are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort. I was just wondering if when they came over they could hang out with us at the pool.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM

We have friends who stayed at one of the Disney properties but used the pool at another Disney property with no problem. Still, wouldn't hurt to ask in case something has changed. Have a great trip!
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:19 PM

We stayed at the Beachclub last summer and wrist bands were required for the pool. I don't know if this is the policy during the off-season - they didn't do the arm bands until later in the morning when the pool started getting busier and it was only enforced on the waterslide. We just had to show a room key to the towel attendant and they gave us the arm bands. You could call and ask about guests. A little more sneaky option would be for you to use your room key to get a few. Then your husband could use his room key to get a few.

We had a dinner reservation at Boma and were able to view the animals and here the story teller at the fire pit. We just had to tell the gate attendant that we had a dinner reservation and we were given a parking pass.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 12:35 AM

The pool at the Yacht and Beach are one of the big "issues." The Y+B pool is probably the most popular one at WDW and that is the reason only people staying there are allowed to use it...no exceptions.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 03:39 AM

The pool at AKL is for use by their guests only. The rules against pool-hopping are most strictly enforced at AKL and Y&BC, as they are two of the most popular WDW pools. These rules, naturally, are to keep the pools from becoming overcrowded due to offsite guests using them.