wailea resturant recs

Search

wailea resturant recs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wailea resturant recs

We will be staying at the Kea Lani next week. Looking for restaurant recs for dinner- Where are your favorite places to eat- especially places outside of the hotels... we have a 15 month old daugther which might limit our ability to go too fancy, but we do love GOOD food and good views too!!!
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM

Roy's, Sansei, Tommy Bahama's
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 09:13 PM

Tastings in Kihei.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM

ttt
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM

I love Sarento's on the Beach. I had a fabulous meal there three years ago. But I sent my very picky boss last year and he LOVED it.

It's a bit fancier than a lot of area restaurants, but it's open air on the beach with great views (just feet from the waves crashing), wonderful service and excellent food. So if your daughter is well behaved, I think it would be fine to take her. It's not over the top fancy.

Joe's would be a great place to take your daughter.
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM

The Seawatch has beautiful views! Great food and great views, good combo.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Make reservations for about 5:45 pm at the Humuhumu restaurant at the Grand Wailea. Ask for seating by the railing. Great views of the ocean and sunset! Also, your little one can look down into the lagoon and see the fish swimming. It's our favorite place to eat in Maui.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Ag3046

The worst restaurant experience I had in Hawaii was in Tommy Bahama's. Very rude waiter that left work without giving me my change. Very ordinary food.

Old Dec 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Tastings in Kihei has been closed for some time. Fat Daddy's BBQ is there now.

But a new place is set to (finally) open any day now--Bin 69, in the Wailea Town Center. They will pour 69 different wines by the glass and have tapas. Oh, just read that again--maybe not with a 15 month old.

How about Matteo's across from the Shops? Casual but good, and affordable Italian. Nice pizzas, salads and pastas. You can sit on the lanai.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 03:52 PM

Here's the link to my trip report from February - has some restaurant info and links to pics. Have fun!!

http://tinyurl.com/3y68ue
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 03:57 PM

I've eaten twice, in the last 2 years, at Tommy Bahamas. Always have had a courteous waitstaff and excellent food. Highly recommend it.
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 11:14 AM

Spent Thanksgiving week at the Kea Lani with husband and our 13 year old twins. Our favorites in Wailea/Kihei area are Duo at the Four Seasons (the sour apple cotton candy the waiter brought with the check topped off a meal that we all thought fantastic), Da Kitchen for breakfast (my son insisted we return during the week), and in the past we've enjoyed Roy's, just didn't go there this trip. We also loved Sansei, although we haven't been to the Kihei location yet. I like Tommy Bahamas, but my son always has a hard time with whatever he orders - too spicy or not what he expects.

Be sure to stop at the Costco near the airport and stock up on drinks and snacks, we also get bagels for breakfast. We usually ate lunch at the pool.

Old Dec 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Definitely Roy's--good food, good service, and menu items for kids. Maui Prince has a great Friday night seafood buffet and Sunday brunch. Diamond Resort has an excellent Japanese restaurant and it has a children's menu. Some of the fine dining restaurants do not have children's menus and it may be difficult. We dined at SeaWatch once with several families with young children. We waited for our tables, then waited for our waiter to take our orders, then waited for the drinks, then waited for the salads, soups, etc. The parents asked that the kids' food be brought out first, but it didn't. The kids were not happy campers.
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM

We really loved Aloha Mixed Plate. Kobe Japanese Steakhouse would also be a good choice. Finally, Bada Bing (pizza, Italian) was pretty good; it was in a neat area with a flea market.

There are tons of places- you won't have much difficulty!