Reload this Page >

Benny Rappa's in North Myrtle Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
iceeu2

How would you rate Benny Rappa's Italian restaurant? We have some friends headed that way over the 4th and I don't know whether to recommend it or not.

i'2

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iceeu2,

we've been several times, most recently about 3 or 4 months ago. It's one of our favorite italian restaurants in this area.

What it's not: fancy. I mean the decor is nice enough, not shabby, but it definitely is not intended to wow you with ambience. Not that kind of place.

What it is: great food quality, friendly efficient service, a sort of charm that you warm up to.

By way of comparison, if you've been to Rossi's recently. They are complete opposites. Rossi's is all flash, food generally doesn't live up to the billing suggested by the ambience, and we've had waiters that seemed more geared to a chain restaurant--e.g., presume your customers have never dined out before.

Hope this helps!
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 08:38 AM
iceeu2

Thanks beach dweller. We have some friends going to the beach shack and Benny Rappa's is within walking distance. It's been several years since we were there so I knew you would know what to tell them!!

Where else would you suggest they check out for a few days?

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM
iceeu2

ttt for OWJ and GoTravel

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
GoTravel

icee, it has been years since I've eaten in the dining room at Rossis so I'll definitely take the Benny Rappas suggestion and eat there.

We always split the appetizer in the bar in Rossis(Eighty-eights Piano Bar) thing and always get the beef tips and the fried lobster.

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 05:41 PM

Thanks for getting the scoop, iceeu2 and thanks beachdweller for the review!
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 06:43 AM

iceeu2 and OWJ,

as for other restaurants, just Italian or open to other cuisines?

As for Italian, you'd have to go pretty far south to get anything other than a chain (although, I like a lot of the food at Carraba's). There is a restaurant in NMB called Tuscan Village (I think, at least it has Tuscany in the name); I think it's a little pricy, but they had good food at a booth in one of the NMB festivals we attended.

Other cuisines/can't miss restaurants in or pretty close to NMB:

Thoroughbreds
Sushi at Islamorada (next to the Bass Pro Shop in Colonial Mall, happy hour sushi deals are great M-F, 5-7 I think).
Bone Fish
Sea Merchants House (in NMB, not Sea Captain's House in MB, although that's good for its lunch specials).
Mexican (not much creativity here, but Margaritas is the best of the bunch IMHO, no frills, but consistently good food quality and fresh hot salsa daily).
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM

Thanks, Beach Dweller! We're pretty much open to kind of cuisine. Because of you, i2 and everyone else, we have more restaurant recs than days in NMB! That's not a bad thing

Thanks!