Search

Waikiki Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM
lzh
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waikiki Hotel

After spending a week in Kaui, my husband and I will be in Honolulu for two days. We currently have a reservation at the Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel. While the funky Hawaiian decor is appealing, the reviews of the hotel on various websites have been all over the map. Can any recent guests please let me know what they thought of their stay? The other hotel we are considering is the Sheraton Moana Surfrider (classy rather than kitschy Hawaiian).
Thanks
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:48 AM

Have only stayed at the Moana and I love it there. The Moana and the Royal Hawaiian...for as much of that "how it used to be" feeling as you can get these days. If you DO stay at the Moana, get a cold drink or a coffee (if early in the morning) and spend a few minutes on one of the rockers on the front porch and watch the world go by.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:10 AM

The Moana is the original (1st) hotel on Waikiki Beach. I would kill to stay there. And being next door to the Royal Hawaiian is an added bonus. If you can take advantage of it -- stay there.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If I could afford the Moana, that's definitely where I would stay!! Love that hotel (I've only had dinner at the Banyan Veranda restaurant which was perfection).
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:59 AM

ResortQuest Waikiki Beach is hip and funky. The breakfast on the Beach is great for on-the-move type meals. The only problem I have with the place is if you have an 'upper room' you seem to spend a lot of time waiting for the elevator. Other than that, location is great and the hotel staff are very informative.
ALOHA!! And have a marvelous time!
PS- You may want to look at the New Otani. It's a great location- beyond the zoo and aquarium. Nice and quite!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:30 PM

The Royal Hawaiian Hotel, also a Starwood, is great as well