Waikiki Accommodations

Search

Waikiki Accommodations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waikiki Accommodations

Going to Oahu for 10 days, early November 2016 for the first time. Planning to stay on Oahu and was hoping to stay in Waikiki, but between the charges for extra guests (4 almost adults) in one room, resort fees (whatever those are??) and the exchange rate on Canadian $, I'm not sure we can afford it.

Any recommendation for budget hotel, that's not too dated or dodgy in Waikiki? Would like a kitchen or kitchenette but if we could find free breakfast that could work as well

Thanks!
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 03:42 PM

Try the Aston Waikiki Sunset, 229 Paoakalani Avenue, Waikiki, Oahu 96815, Phone: 808-922-0511. It's at the Kapiolani Park end of Waikiki and is three blocks from the beach. Four of us stayed in a one-bedroom suite, and my husband and I slept on the sofa bed, which was quite comfortable. It has a kitchenette with dishes and cooking equipment, as well as a lanai to sit out on. I googled the site, and they are offering some specials.

We love Oahu and always rent a car just for a day to drive around the island stopping at the scenic sites. Otherwise, there is lots to do by walking and by taking The Bus.
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 08:01 PM

We stayed at the Waikiki Sand Villa a couple of years ago and it was just right for the two of us - reasonably priced, close to the beach, and we had a lovely mountain view from our room.
http://www.sandvillahotel.com/

What is your lodging budget per night?

Lee Ann
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
10 days in Waikiki would be too much for me. I would spend 3 at Waikiki and then the other 7 on another island or location on Oahu.
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 11:32 PM

Waikiki Sunset or Waikiki Banyan which is right across the street are condos which I recommend for 10 days. You can eat out if you want or eat some meals in and you have more room than a hotel. I wouldn't call it a kitchenette. They both have full size kitchens, albeit smaller but full size stove, refrigerator, sink and long counters with stools. have stayed at both. I like the Sunset a little better as it has a separate bedroom which often have 2 beds where as the Banyan the bedroom is off the living room with a folding door to close off if you want privacy. the pool is nicer at the Banyan, however. Short 2 block walk down to the beach. Check VRBO for lots of options. It will probably run you about $200 + a night which is cheaper than some of the ocean view hotels. Good you are checking early..Hotels, I have stayed at the Marriott which is right across the street from the beach, the Outrigger and the Hyatt.all of them nice and ocean right there in front of you ..ALoha
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 11:36 PM

Waikiki Shore is the only actual OCEAN FRONT hotel in Waikiki which is very nice. It has some 2 bedroom units and it is air conditioned. Just make sure you get one that does have a lanai that you can sit on and see the ocean. Some face the street and some of the lower ones face the park and you will not see the ocean which is important to many. Though not a newer hotel, the units are individually owned so it depends on the owner if they are updated. It will cost you however another VRBO search.
Old Apr 25th, 2016, 12:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
White Sands Hotel
The Breakers
The Royal Grove
Waikiki Sand Villa