Search

W vs. Ritz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Rhea

W vs. Ritz

How would you compare the service and rooms at the Ritz Carlton with the "W" hotels in general?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:14 PM
xxx

Depends alot on which city you are talking about. Generally, better service at the Ritz, rooms done very nicely but decorated like "Grandma's House".

W, usually efficient service (not up to Ritz or 4 Seasons standards) and very modern hip room decor.

Best world IMO is the rooms at the W and the service at the Ritz (although prefer four seasons for service over the ritz).

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:51 PM
a

I have stayed at several W hotels and find them very faddish and cold. For my money Ritz is better (stuffy or not) and the W is worth a pass.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Jack

You're talking about two entirely different grades of hotel here.
Ritz is geared toward business travelers and its service structure is the backbone of its reputation. It's a core trait for Ritz's to excel in service in every way.

W's are trendy hotels which seek to capture the imagination of younger travellers. They're good hotels overall, certainly unique. But service there is NOT a top priority. AND IT SHOWS.
Desk personnel, valets, room service....everything is much more reminiscent of a more moderate priced hotel chain. People do not stay at W's for the service.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Bob

Well, Jack, I don't stay at W hotels for the DECOR, either! I'm NOT impressed with any of it's "faddish," "I'm too hip for words" designs!!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 09:49 AM
Ace

Then perhaps the W's aren't designed for you.
Think so, Bob?
Thanks for letting us know, though.
I'll be certain to alert Starwood that you're not happy with their W chain's decor.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 10:26 AM
Vivian

No contest, The Ritz Carlton by far. Stayed numberous times in both and they cannot compare.