Reload this Page >

Visiting Phoenix in January

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Gary

I'll be in Phoenix Jan 16-20. My girlfriend and I plan on going to Sedona, and Grand Canyon. What can we expect, weather wise in Sedona and the GC? Also,is it worth the time to visit the Metrocenter Mall. We'll be staying across the street from it. I've heard it is nicer than the average Mall?

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Nina

Pack some warm clothes. Check the www.weatherchannel.com before you pack.

I don't know anything about the Metrocenter Mall, but if you would like to do a bit of outlet shopping, head to Arizona Mills and the outlet mall in Sedona.

If you are interested in the Native American culture, I highly recommend the Heard Musuem in Phoenix. It is fantastic.

If you are interested in Art Galleries, stop in Scottsdale on your route.

Have a great trip!

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Diane

Sedona and GC will be cold, 18-22 degrees F at night is average, 40's during the day.

MetroCenter Mall was a nicer than average mall when I used to live in that area....15 years ago.
Now I would hesitste to use the word nice. It's OK, but it's got the exact same stores as any average mall from Lubbock to Lincoln.
That area has deteriorated quite a bit and is no longer middle class, but very commercial and surrounded by lower middle class aprtment complexes and older neighborhoods.
That area of Phoenix is not a tourist area.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 01:43 PM
x

Metrocenter is a bigger than average, aging mall, but still fine for shopping especially if you're in the area. Don't go all the way to Az. Mills if you are by Metrocenter. There is a nice outlet mall near Anthem on the way to Sedona. The Sedona outlet mall is not as big. Sedona and GC will be cold in Jan but Phx weather will be nice. Enjoy

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Cindy

I tell everybody this, but by all means take a day trip to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. It is really great. Not only does it have great plants, but there are nice hiking trails and very dramatic scenery. Bring your binoculars, the birds are great too.