Search

Tucson or Sedona?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tucson or Sedona?

Hi there,

My husband and I are trying to plan a short trip to take with our baby in March, when she will be six months old. We're looking to relax and escape the cold and see some beautiful scenery, do some light hiking - and soak in a pool or hot tub if possible. We'd been thinking Tucson because it should be warm in early March, but I also have a hankering to visit Sedona. What is the weather like in early March there? Is Tucson worth visiting or will I be sad we didn't go to Sedona? I've never been to Arizona so your feedback is much appreciated!
Old Jan 27th, 2016, 03:26 AM

If you look at average temperatures for Tucson and Sedona, you will find that in March Tucson is in the 70's and Sedona is in the 60's. If you want to be warm, I would head for Tucson.

Both have beautiful scenery, although quite different. The mountains around Tucson provide a lovely background for the area and you can hike there or in Saguaro NP east and west. Sedona has the lovely red rocks and lots of hiking in the area.

Tucson is a small city with the main campus for the University of Arizona. Sedona is a tourist town with lots of t shirt and memorabilia shops. Get a bit outside of either and you will find plenty of beauty.
Old Jan 27th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

thanks emalloy!
Old Jan 27th, 2016, 07:12 AM

I love Arizona in general, so it's sort of like choosing which kid is your favorite, but I would say Sedona is more stunningly beautiful than Tucson. Beyond that, I think emalloy's descriptions are spot on. There are day trips you could do out of Sedona--such as Flagstaff--and out of Tucson--such as Bisbee. Also short drives to scenic spots in both places.

I do think you'll end up returning to Arizona once you've been, so this decision may not be that momentous
Old Jan 27th, 2016, 10:34 AM

If going in March and warmer weather is important, you'll be better off with Tucson March weather in Sedona can be iffy. Likewise, day trips further north to Flagstaff ...weather can be a problem. You may even encounter snow.
Old Jan 28th, 2016, 08:16 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We have been in Sedona in March when it snowed, quite a beautiful sight to see, but certainly not warm. Tucson is a safer bet.
Old Jan 29th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

thanks to all! with such a little one we will opt for Tucson with plans to return to Sedona when we can take her on more extensive outdoor adventures.