Reload this Page >

VIRGINIA DRIVERS THE WORST!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:37 PM
glad

I just returned from a trip driving around VA. Spent a week just driving around, seeing all I wanted to see. Mostly civil war sites. I have driven in/around 42 of the states and this is by far the state with the rudest, most inconsiderate drivers yet. Our trips are not short ones, 3 per year, avg of 4,000 miles each and I saw more accidents while in VA than on any other trip. Don't advise a driving trip to VA. Everyone said that driving in DC is awful...didn't think so. Was more comfortable here than in VA.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:45 PM
WeGotYouBeat

Have you been to Colorado yet?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:22 PM
glad

as a matter of fact WeGotYouBeat, that's where we went last June-July. I expected some really wild driving, but was not too bad. I am not kidding, these VA people have a real bad attitude about sharing the road.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Notsofast

Dear Glad to be home: While you may have visited 42 states, if you think VA is the worst, it is readily apparent that you've never driven in Boston, baby! I lived there for 7 years and over-aggressive, blood in your eye, don't give an inch driving is not just endemic, it is a matter of local pride! And, for what it's worth, I spend a fair amount of time driving in various parts of Virginia (work related) and must say I've never experienced the rudeness you describe....well, not outside the DC beltway, anyhow.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Look At Yourself

Are you absolutely positive that YOU weren't the problem? Were you doing the clueless drive around 20 mph below the speed limit, stopping at every intersection to see if that's where you want to turn?

It's amazing how people think everyone is being rude, when they, themselves are in fact the problem.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:49 AM
x

But I thought the drivers on Long Island were the worst?????

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:51 AM
VirginiaDriver

Glad to be home,

I've lived in northern Virginia for ten years, and I agree with you. We have an unhealthy combination of Type A personalities, people with absurdly long commutes, and people from all over the world, trying to live and work in this area. The Type A's wouldn't dare give up their car for public transporation; and the people with long commutes usually don't live near convenient public transportation (but they saved 20K on that McHome in the McNeighborhood, which they used to buy a new car!).

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Xx

I used to date Virginia Drivers. She was pretty nice. Her brother Pile was a big headache, though.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:05 PM
kay

Interesting observations. As a NYer who's lived various places and have been in N.VA for 10 years by thoughts are slightly different. I'd say VA drivers are somewhat clueless (like stopping altogether rather than using the merge lane correctly when entering a highway) but I haven't found them especially rude (then again, there are a lot of transplants from other areas here now!). Check out Boston drivers if you want rude, or NJ as well!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:12 PM
x

I thought the drivers in Florida were the worst! Hey who keeps changing this?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Paul Rabe

Having visited several Civil War sites in northern Virginia last year; I'll stick with Philadelphia drivers as the rudest.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 02:17 PM
D

For what it's worth, I think TEXAS drivers are awful! Ninety MPH in city traffic and chances are 50/50 that they have a license or insurance!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Georgia not

NO, Atlanta has the worst drivers. They are actually rated as the city w/ the worst drivers.
I feared for my life every time I got on the hwy. and they feel it is necessary for at least 3-4 cars to go through the intersection after the light has turned RED.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:45 PM
LaFemme

NO-French cab drivers are the worst.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:54 PM
glad

Just Look at Yourself: Just listen to YOURSELF.....nope. you're wrong...my new little hotrod just books right along with the rest of them....think I saw you in one of those VA cars, though.
Notsofast: You are frightening me...we are heading to Boston next....worse...ohhhhh nooooo!!(but they sound like VA drivers)
Virginia Driver & Kay...thanks...I knew it wasn't just me!
And to you, Georgia..........I completely forgot about the nightmare called Atlanta!!!!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Maxie

Nope. You obviously haven't experienced driving around Hartford, CT or in Boston

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:18 AM
bostondriver

Boston drivers are extremely predictable. Everybody will try to cut you off, period.

Hartford drivers tie with San Francisco. Rude and unpredictable.