Virginia Beach Hotels

Search

Virginia Beach Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginia Beach Hotels

Hi, we will be in Virginia Beach Labor Day weekend for 3 nights with 2 college going kids.. I have narrowed it down to the following 3 hotels - Holiday inn 21st Street, Holiday Inn Sunspree & Marriott Fairfield Inn. Only the Sunspree has a 1 bedroon suite with a separate living room with sofa bed which we prefer but I want to make sure we are not giving up anything in terms of location, etc. Our reservation is in the South Tower. If anyone here has stayed at the Sunspree recently, could you please advise? Also, any other recommendations for the above hotels would be greatly appreciated (Both the Residence Inn & the Comfort Inn show no availability online for those dates.
Just a little concerned because the Sunspree (3900 N ATLANTIC AVE ) seems much farther than the others. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad! Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 05:16 AM
cd

I would suggest you check out TripAdvisor for reviews if you've not done so already.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

I have, the reviews on the Sunspree are mostly mixed.That is why I was hoping to get feedback from someone who is familiar with the location of both the Holiday Inns to help me decide. Thanks.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
cd

Wish I could be of more help. It's been too long since we've stayed in Virginia Beach for anything I might recommend to be valid. I think you've got the right idea, stay on the boardwalk. Renting bikes might be fun there!
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
cd

PS Write a trip report when you return and let us know what you choose and how you liked it.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM

You might want to check out reviews of these places. If you want to stay on the beach, you want to stay at a place that the address is odd numbered. The boardwalk is 40 blocks long, so there are plenty of places for you to stay. The Sunspree is not on the oceanfront; the other 2 places are. Personally, I prefer Marriotts over Holiday Inns. Any of the places that you are looking to stay are in the middle of the Boardwalk area. You may want to request a Visitor's Guide at www.vbfun.com
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Hi Diana410, thanks for the input, are you sure the Sunspree is not oceanfront? It looks like it on the map, just seemed at the end of the Boardwalk around 40th St & the hotel told me it was oeanfront when I booked the room.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Hey excited_confused, I double-checked the address and you're right, the Sunspree is oceanfront. Have a great time!
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, it is just at the end of the Boardwalk so not sure if that is a plus or minus Still looking for input to narrow it down between the 3 hotels, anyone?
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 08:47 AM

How was your trip?
Would you stay there again?
Would you rent a condo or house further south in the Sandbridge area instead?
Did you have to eat in restaurants all of the time? Was that what you wanted?