Search

Vegas Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas Trip Report

Just back from 3 nights, stayed at Paris. Used the winking 20 trick others have posted about to secure an upgrade. Worked like a charm. We were given a suite, no view, but a great room. Hotel was very crowded, as was the Easter holiday weekend.

Had lunch at Mon Ami Gabi, very good. Dinner at Les Artistes Steak House, also very good. Saw the Wayne Brady show at Paris, he is very funny. Weather was great, low 70's in the day, good pool weather.

Only trip complaint was losing the top to my Paris balloon ceramic glass on the airplane home. If anyone would going to Paris would like to send me another top I will reimburse you for postage.
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:13 AM

Lisa, did you check if Paris's gift shop has a website to order another glass?
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:56 AM

I was very impressed with Les Artistes when we stayed at Paris. It's never mentioned here as a great meal, but in a way I'm fine with that so that I can *think* I have it all to myself.

I think MAG and Commander's Palace(Alladin) are the best lunches in town. CP's makes THE best bloody mary's.

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Miracles do happen.

I checked the Paris website, I did not find any way to order merchandise.

I sent an e-mail to their "contact us" address, told them my sad story about losing the top to my balloon glass. Figured I would never hear back.

Guess what, I just received an e-mail from their Director of Retail asking for my address, he is sending me another top to my balloon. Talk about customer service.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:31 PM

LisaB: That's wonderful to hear! So overall, does Paris get "Oui oui, je reviendrai!" or "Non, non, jamais encore!"?
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:09 PM

Hi Lisa, we are going to spend 3 nights at Paris. We paid for the room with the view(P room I think). Is the hotel as nice as the web sites pictures? Did they have a coofee shop that I can get my morning coffee(very important)... Judy
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 06:42 PM

Hi Judy..I'm not Lisa, but...

Yep, there's several places to get your morning coffee. There's the usual hotel coffee shop, a good bakery, and then the buffet.

Have fun!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 04:22 AM

How did you secure the upgrade?
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Judy: the hotel is as nice as the web site. The room was great, but it was a suite. The bathroom, dressing room and closet were as big as most rooms. On top of that there was the bed and sitting areas which were also very large. Plenty of places in the lobby area to get coffee and croissants.

To Mikem: When checking in, fold a $20 bill in 3, place under your credit card so a little bit shows. Tell the clerk you are celebrating some special occasion and could you stay in a P-suite. Be very nice, smile, etc. It worked for me. Good luck.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 05:59 AM

Thanks Snarla and LisaB for the feedback, I will just have to schlepp to the lobby(hopefully no one will see me) for my coffee. I am always awake 2 hours before my husband and I just twiddle my thumbs till he decided to join the living >g<, BUT at least I will have my coffee!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 06:26 AM
AC

Hi:

We checked in to the Paris Hotel atMc Carran airport.
Came in smiling, mentioned it was a honeymoon, when asked we were more than willing to wait for the room, (it was 10:30 AM, room would not be ready until at least 2PM)
We said we would sightsee and come back later.
We got a P room on the 16 th Floor.
The room was lovely. There was pleanty of room. The bathroom was very spacious and the staff was wonderful.

When we arrived at the hotel later, we went all the way down to end reception desk ( I can't remember exactly what the sign said) and because we had already checked in, bypassed all those folks in the lobby and enjoyed our stay!!

Have fun!!