Paris Shuttle-Inter not responding . . .

Apr 13th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Paris Shuttle-Inter not responding . . .

Has anyone else run into difficulty getting a response from GraceJoan's shuttle service (www.shuttle-inter.com)? I've sent them my itinerary, via their own form, twice so far & there's been no response. Their site states that if you don't hear back from them w/a confimation w/in 2 hours, send your request again. OK, so I've sent it twice & it's been 10 hours since my last transmission. It's getting down to the wire, as I leave at noon tomorrow. I'm hesitant to send a 3rd time because . . . what's the point? Any thoughts?
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:54 AM

Call them
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:03 AM

They did not respond to our e-mail either...so, we called them and they said they had not ever received it, even though we went through their site. Our call got us an immediate response.
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:48 AM

I have immediate response from them. I send everything to their email address [email protected]

Just heard from them yesterday as they are picking me up Wed.
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

How 'bout that. They're *supposed* to pick me up Wednesday as well. I guess I'll put a call in to them to get things going . . .

Thanks everyone.
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

OK, here ya go. I just called & spoke w/a charming gentleman who said the office is closed. It will be open tomorrow & he will look for my information at that point. Upon locating it (sometime tomorrow!), he will send me a confirmation. Huh? In any case, I'm out of here tomorrow at 9AM, so I'll probably just cab it into town as I usually do.
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Remember your 9am is their afternoon...so you still have time to call them in the early morning.
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

True enough, but my interest level in this outfit has dropped. I'm not a big fan of having to pester someone into taking my money.
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:28 AM

'Bee shuttle' has better prices, and has been reliable.
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:40 AM

Obviously some of you have not been reading on the "France" site all the great things about this service..every day recently.

To each his own..have a good trip...

Joan
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:46 AM

It is Easter Monday and a lot of places are closed, even in the USA
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM

i emailed them a couple of days ago, and they responded really quickly, in a matter of hours i think.

joan, i still am undecided if i shd arrange for the transfer or just take a train, then walk over to the apartment. have you any idea how long it would take to walk over to Meursault from Ecole Militaire station?
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Less than 5 minutes from Ecole Militaire..even less from La Tour Maubourg.

I don't know how much luggage you have. I know when I arrive after an overnight flight from the US, I am delighted to see my driver with my sign!

Your driver will take your luggage inside to the elevator for you.

Joan
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM

We used Shuttle-Inter for transfers to (at 5:00 a.m.) and from the airport, a trip to Versailles and to Disney last week. The were on time, every time and found a villa near Disney that a taxi driver at Disney could not readily locate. They also responded almost immediately to an e-mail I sent them late one evening asking them to confirm the 5:00 a.m. transfer the next morning. I booked them months ago with a simple e-mail, rather than attempting their website form.

I don't mind paying for reserved drivers in europe. We are a family of 5 and taxis that can accommodate us and luggage are few and far between. [We caught one at the Eiffel Tower late one evening and had to pile 4 of us in the back. At Disney we were lucky to find the only cab available at closing one evening large enough to carry us all safely.] Also value the certainty.

Enjoy your trip.
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM

We've used them several times and they're always prompt and professional. I sent an email there one night last week and received a response in the morning. I'm guessing that the Easter holiday is the reason for your problem.
Of course, it's easy enough to queue up for a taxi at CDG.
Bon voyage, EJ
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM

We are arriving in a couple of weeks at CDG, I was planning on just taking a taxi from the airport. Does anyone know the price difference between an ordinary taxi and the Inter Shuttle service? Is it worth the extra $$ to book a driver?

Last time - 4 years ago we took a taxi, it was about 45E from memory. I guess it is nice to see someone there with your name on a board!!

Schnauzer
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:21 PM

If you get stuck in traffic for whatever reason a taxi meter keeps running.

Some of us, do like the driver waiting upon exiting security and taking luggage to nearby vehicle and we are off. I prefer it that way after a miserable flight over~~

Joan
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM

We had no problem coming and going. I'd use them again.
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM

hi joan... thanks for telling me it is only a 5 min walk!
i am attempting to travel with just 1 big hardcase luggage (which my poor DH will have to handle) and a smaller carryon. Walking shouldn't be a problem.
Thing is, they quoted 50euros for the transfer, from Gare du Nord (taking the Eurostar from London). I thought it would have been cheaper since it is nearer from the CDG, or am i mistaken.....
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:37 PM

3sica:
Unlike most taxis, Shuttle-Inter does not charge strictly by time and distance, though those are factors it uses to set its fixed rates. Fifty euros is the base. Again, you buy certainty and convenience. Keep in mind also that the tunnels in some metro stations are very long and there are stairs that must be negotiated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO