Search

Vegas Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas Hotels

My first visit to Vegas. Deciding between MGM Grand, Tropicana, and Monte Carlo. 40 yr old single male.
On somewhat of a budget. MGM is more expensive than Tropicana---curious if it is worth it?
I'll be going in mid-april, and would liek to spend a little time at the pool. Other than that, is the hotel important to one's trip?

stu
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:21 PM
trippinkpj

Location is important. All three are good locations. I would pick Monte Carlo. Nice rooms, nice pool and closer to the mid strip properties.

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:23 PM

For some folks, the hotel is a significant part of the whole trip and for others it isn't.

I would agree that the Monte Carlo might be a bit more central and the MGM.

Have you looked for reviews of these properties on TripAdvisor?
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:46 PM

The location is not much different for any of the three. Monte Carlo is slightly closer to center strip, but it's a minimal difference.

I'm not familiar with the pool areas at MGM Grand or Monte Carlo, but Tropicana does have a really nice pool area. It's about all that is nice there - we found the beds to be uncomfortable - but if you care more about the pool than the bed (some people could sleep on a rock), it is a nice pool.

What is worth what is totally a matter of what's important to you in a hotel vs. how important your budget really is, and where you would spend the money if not on the hotel. No one else can really make that call for you, but check out hotel reviews at www.tripadvisor.com and www.cheapovegas.com

I know some of these sites were recommended to you on your other thread, and I highly suggest checking them out. There's a lot more info there than you'll ever be able to gather here.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
trippinkpj

I think both MGM and MonteCarlo have nice pool areas also. Check their websites and you should see the pictures. I walked through the Tropicana almost 2 years ago. It's aging, and looks like it's seen better days, LOL.