Search

Vegas Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas Hotels

This is our first trip to Vegas. Since we are planning to go mid-week the prices are unbelievable low. What is the best hotel on the strip and why. It appears that from what I have read they are the Venetian, Bellagio and the Mirage. Which one should we choose and why? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 07:11 AM

We just stayed at teh Mirage and really liked it but of those 3 you can't go wrong. If I had my druthers, I would pick in this order: Bell., Venetian, Mirage. I LOVED Bellagio, the Venetian is all suites and across the street from Mirage with great shopping. Mirage is nice too. Like I said you can't go wrong with any of these. I didn't see the pool at the Venetian but both Bellagio and Mirage have beautiful pools. I think Bell.'s is a little bigger though.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 12:19 PM

I prefer the Bellagio of the three, but also check out the Four Seasons (next to Mandalay Bay). It's great!
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 12:27 PM

I love the rooms at the Venetian! I thought it was worth it to upgrade to the Venezia towers concierge level...very nice!
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I've narrowed it down to the Venetian and the Bellagio. I was about ready to reserve, but then I went to the Bellagio to compare rates, their reservation system is down. I guess it's probably due to the loss of electricity yesterday? Hopefully the Venetian's rates don't change before the Bellagio systems start up again.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 07:30 AM

You should also call the hotels directly and checking booking sites. If you call ask about special deals or discounts (they rarely offer this info).
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:19 AM

BELLAGIO's offerings and service is the best. I loved Bellagio. Outside of gambling, Bellagio IS the main attraction on the strip (and you'll see for yourself). Request a room with a view of the fountain (21st, 22nd, 23rd floor should do it). To me the Venitian is way too big and should be left for the big convention groups.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 12:55 PM

I just came back from Vegas last week, and visited both Bellagio & Venetian. I have to disagree w/ Dita...for my 2 teens, the Venetian was the favorite visit...just so much fun to look at!! You can actually imagine yourself in the real Venice (no, I know its not the real Venice, I've been there )!
And the guestrooms are pretty and luxurious! I also greatly enjoyed the Bellagio, but I just love the Venetian!

Oh! Do NOT Miss the current exhibition at the Guggenheim! Just a fantastic, fabulous exhibition...
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 01:05 PM

You'll hear great things about both the Bellagio and Venetian (for good reason.) But being your first time to Vegas, I'd go with Bellagio. I've had wonderful stays at both hotels, but prefer the more central location of the Bellagio, especially for a first-timer.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, but the decision has been made for me. Bellagio is sold out and I can get the Venetian for $159 a night. I guess it's a no brainer now. Since it's our 6th anniversay, should I call and try to get an upgrade. We're not very good at "asking" for free things, but when it Rome?
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 05:51 AM

When making the reservation, you might mention that it is your anniversary so if they can upgrade you or do anything to make it even more special you would appreciate it..Have Fun!