Vegas hotel options?

Search

Vegas hotel options?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas hotel options?

We are three women heading to Las Vegas on January 22nd for a three-night girls weekend. Two of the group haven't been to Vegas and I'm determined to get the best deal in lodging. I've stayed at the MGM Signature and we loved it, but the location is not very central to the center strip. So I'm considering....

Bally's for $269 in the south tower or $347 in the north tower
Mirage at $400
TI for $335
Planet Hollywood at $376
Paris at $440
Monte Carol at $270 on a high floor.

I'd love something like the Belligio, but we don't have the $$$. We're not into the heavy partying crowd, but I would like for them to "see" Las Vegas. We will gamble, but not heavily. We will probably spend most of our time shopping and wondering around looking at the things you can only see in Las Vegas! Money is tight, so I'm concentrating on all the free/cheap things to do like the Bellagio fountains, the lions at the MGM etc.

What do you think? Where should we stay?
Thanks,
Marla
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:35 PM

I gather the rates you list are for three nights.

Since cost is a big consideration, I would definitely go for Bally's at $269. The rooms are big and the location is perfect. Everything about Bally's is better than Monte Carlo at the same rate.

Mirage and TI have small rooms. I can't speak for Paris or Planet Hollywood.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM

I just plugged your dates in on expedia and I don't know where you are getting these prices but you are getting hosed BIGTIME!
Bellagio is $209..MGM is $104..Palms $80..Paris $132..Encore Wynn $232..The Signature MGM $162

Also, check the Wynn Hotel..5* stunning hotel and pure luxury in the rooms..800 count sheets, lux pillows, memory beds.

www.wynnlasvegas.com
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

HappyTrails, you're correct. The prices I listed are for three nights.

Ksucat, did you think the rates I listed were per night? I found these prices on several sites, i4vegas, smartervegas, etc. Is there a better deal out there?

Marla
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM

We thought the location of Bally's was perfect. Our room was large, the beds comfortable, the bathroom very nice, with marble, granite. The toiletries smelled good, which I like.
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 05:28 AM

I forgot to mention, if you book a room now you usually can cancel the reservation up to about 72 hours before arrival.

During the period between, you can check back to see if the room you booked is available at a lower cost. If it is, you can call the hotel and they will give you the lower rate.

Also, if you book a room at Bally's and later find there is a deal at Bellagio that is within your budget, you can cancel Bally's and rebook at Bellagio.
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM

We stayed at Ballys when my husband ran the Las Vegas marathon. The south tower rooms were pretty dumpy (my sister and her family stayed there). We were in the north tower and our room was nice - not luxurious, but clean and new. If you care about updates, I would stay in the north tower. I like the location of Ballys - so close to Bellagio (go to their chocolate fountain cafe for breakfast) and Ceasers (great shopping). We also liked that Ballys was attached to Paris so we could wander over there for a change of pace. We also love the EIffel Tower restaurant in Paris for dinner (at least go up for a drink in the bar to watch the Bellagio's fountains - best view in the City!)

Have a great trip!
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM

LOL..most people put the rate per night not for the stay..
expedia seems to be cheaper per night..all the hotels you listed are pretty average hotels.
Have you thought about the Palms?
The rooms are very high end and the pay out is like being in downtown LV.
They upgraded us a $7k a night suite..resort rooms are very nice for $80.00!
If you can get the north tower of Bally's that is what I would do for the price.
I just got an e-mail from the Wynn that extends to the end of January for $109 a night midweek $159 weekend..you have to sign up for their e-mail which has some incredible deals!
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM

I would make Paris my first choice with Mirage a close second. Both fit your mid-strip location. Both are a short walk to Wynn and the Fashion Show Mall.