Reload this Page >

Vegas Grand Canyon trip

Search

Vegas Grand Canyon trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Claudia

Vegas Grand Canyon trip

We are planning a trip to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon this April. We are going to spend 3 days on the strip, and then travel to the Grand Canyon and spend two nights there. We have one day and night to plan--the day we leave Vegas. What suggestions do you have for that day--where should we get lodging that night? thanks, Claudia

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 07:28 AM
x

what day do you need plans for...canyon or Vegas?....and where do you need lodging?.....Vegas or the canyon?....might be too late for canyon lodging if you don`t already have it...

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Claudia

We need suggestions for the day we are driving to the canyon. We could see Hoover Dam. What about the town of Williams? Flagstaff? Or should we explore beyond the canyon and then come back ---

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 08:01 AM
x

I`d suggest Sedona Arizona area..and a jeep tour(Pink Jeep.com)...and Jerome,etc....don`t have to Hard Hat tour of Hoover Dam anymore(security)...you could make resrevations for that..Williams is dead....Flagstaff is nice..could also go to Page and Lee`s Ferry area and Antelope Canyon..I loved Sedona though....do a Sedona search for info

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Penny

I'm guessing your driving from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Why not stop at Bryce or Zion canyon on the way, and stay at a National Park Lodge or somewhere else? The two canyons are quite different--I myself would choose Zion, where the lodge is right in the bottom of the canyon itself. It would be on your way, whereas Sedona is beyond the Grand Canyon (coming from Vegas).

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Mary Johns

Dear Claudia,
Thank you for teaching me how to use the discussion part of this site. As for your trip out west for your free day I think it would be fun to camp under the stars. Also I agree with the person responding to your question about Sedona. I was there over the holidays and LOVED it - especially recommend the Pink jeep tour - you'll love it,also.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Claudia

Thanks everyone for your advice!! We have reservations at the Canyon on the south rim. Isn't Zion toward the north rim? Sedona sounds pretty good. Anybody have a suggestion on a great place to stay if you just had one night there? Claudia

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Kerrie

Claudia,
We enjoyed staying at the Sky Lodge Ranch up on airport mesa. It was reasonable, very comfortable (we had a cottage) and had incredible views, especially at sunset. Breakfast at the
Sedona airport cafe was a short walk away & lots of fun - we watched bi-plane pilots land and walk over to join fellow pilots for breakfast - lots of great storytellers! There are many excellent restaurants for dinner & great places to hike around Sedona & Oak Creek canyon. Do a search on this site & get some recommendations - that's
how we chose Sky Lodge Ranch & we were very pleased.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:24 AM
xxx

How about the long way - go down and see the London Bridge