Search

Vail in summer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:15 AM
Paul

Vail in summer

Going to be spending one night in Vail next week with my 6 year old. What shouldn't we miss?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:44 AM
coskier

Gosh your going to miss alot staying only one night. Take the gondola up. Have lunch outside at "Up the Creek" The little one will have fun playing in the creek. If its a well behaved 6 year old Sweet Basils for dinner.

Check out www.snow.com for any special events.

Ahh Vail in Summer, you will love it!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:52 AM
Paul

coskier,
Thanks. We will be doing kind of a whirlwind week trip with visits to Telluride, Crested Butte, Aspen, Vail and Winter Park.
Any other advice?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 09:14 AM
Paige

That's a lot of ground to cover in just one week! We usually spend a week in the Vail area each summer. Our kids love the Alpine slide in Breckenridge. You don't have Breckenridge on your list. Horseback rides are always fun, however, many places require advance reservations - at least a day or two ahead. We took a wonderful ride in Crested Butte last summer and have enjoyed rides west of Vail near Wolcott.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
coskier

I do not know much about Telluride, Crested Butte, Aspen. In Winter Park there is an alpine slide as well as climbing wall, maze, putt putt golf, you will have fun there. The only decent resturant in WP is Denos, the litle one will be welcome there.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
xxx

Paul - unfortunately another "info you didn't request", but I would consider cutting out a couple of the towns and staying a bit longer at the others. I'm also a big fan of Vail in the summer, but a day trip doesn't scratch the surface. Part of the fun is wandering during the day and lingering over a nice dinner outside in the cool evening air without having to think about moving the next day.

You'll have a great time in Vail!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:42 AM
Dawn

Why wear a vale in Summer? Lighten up and cast off the vale, let the world see you.

Hope this helps.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:08 PM
gb

I agree about skipping Vail with the other ski towns on your list. I'd add Glenwood Hot Springs for an overnight after Aspen. Stay at the HotSprings Lodge, Hampton Inn, or Silver Spruce. Eat at the restaurant with the big frog on top (Bayou) or a family Mexican restaurant in West Glenwood. I think you 6 year and you will enjoy the hot springs.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Paul

Thanks. I think we might stop in Glenwood Springs. Already had to pay for the hotel in Vail though.