Upgrading the flight portion of a package

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question here--ressies were deposited with NWA on December 1, 2004 for Honolulu, Hawaii.

At the time of request, a $200 fee ($100 pp) was required along with payment for the flight portion (coach). Now the question. Final payment will be due 45 days before departure (departure is September 22 with return September 30). Is it possible to upgrade to either Business or First Class (should space be available). Have any of you had success with this?
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:51 AM

I think you'll need to ask NWA vacations or whoever booked this package for you. I don't think any of us here can answer that question.
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Darn, I was afraid of that...
Old May 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Hi IndianaCarolyn, is there some reason to don't want to ask NWA this question? Or whoever booked your trip? That is the only way you will get an answer but from your response to Patty I get the impression that going straight to the source is a problem. Why is that? And good luck on getting this worked out.
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Sorry to make the original post sound so secretive (only work I can think of now) I was wanting to do this as a surprise for hubby, and wanted to find out some background first, that is to see if any others had any luck doing this...

Thanks though, for your question.
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM

Hi IndianaCarolyn, your lucky husband! Do call whoever you booked with and ask. I would imagine to be upgraded you will need to pay more or use Frequent Flyer miles. But it cost nothing to ask. In any case it sounds like you have planned a wonderful surprise trip for your husband. I am sure he will be thrilled.
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:58 AM

I do not know about NWA but American Airlines allows elite members of their AAdvantage program (Executive Platinum, Platinum, and Gold) to upgrade flights,purchased as part of an AA Vacations package, with electronic stickers. Mileage upgrades are usually not allowed. Sticker upgrades can be used by elite members if seats are available and are valid on almost any purchased fare (consolidator fares are excluded).

Call NWA and find out.
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...