Universal Florida - 2 or 3 days?

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 04:41 AM
Cheryl

Universal Florida - 2 or 3 days?

We're taking our 9 year old to Universal at Easter time - is 2 days enough for 2 parks, or would 3 days be better? Never been to Universal, so I don't know how big it is. I'm trying to maximize our time at the beach, but don't want to rush my son through Universal either. Thanks!

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 04:56 AM
livebyjfk

Hi Cheryl:
Because of the time of year you are going and the vastness of Universal I would definitely consider three days. I, as a big kid I thought that was the best place to go in Orlando. 9 years old is a good age to enjoy the special effects and the rides. Be prepared for long lines. I try to get to the park at opening and make my way to the back of the park first. Get a map of the parks and work out some kind of game plan. Bring bottled water in your backpack, some snacks and babywipes or hand sanitizer. Have fun!!

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 08:47 PM
JOy in Virginia

It is easy to do the 2 parks in 2 days if you go during off-season, even late in August. I agree with prior poster, take 3 days during busy time of year. At Universal Studios - as soon as park opens, go directly to back of park to ride Men in Black - really cool ride but has up to 2 hour wait during busy times. (We went late August & waited 20 minutes). Son't miss Terminator show either, VERY cool! HULK & spider-Man rides at Islands of Adventure are my favorites, also Cat in the Hat ride is really fun & cute. Have fun!

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 07:48 AM
chazz

I agree that 3 days are needed during busy season. We felt that the lines at Universal made the lines at Disney seem short.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 06:35 AM
Lyndsay

We went to Universal in August, myself and my 15 year old son. We loved it. I hate lines so by purchasing a 3day escape pass for both parks it allowed you to enter at 7:00 am. Absolutely no lines what so ever. It they still have this option I would highly recommend it. The lines were humungus after 9:00 am. Have a good trip.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 11:58 AM
Brian Kilgore

Three days, probably.
My hint is to plan to stay fairly late at Universal. When I was there I noticed lines getting a lot shorter around supper time, when many families, foot sore and weary, left the park to get back to their hotels, have a swim, get ready for dinner, etc.
BAK

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 08:45 PM
ravenlock70

Having lived in Orlando for almost
2 years, I highly suggest 3 whole days for both Universal parks.
At night, you might want to try Downtown Disney or City Walk for dinner and shopping.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 04:48 AM
tobey

Whatever you do, don't miss the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure. Dad (48) and son (13) agreed that it was the best ride we'd experienced in any park, anywhere, anytime. Stand in line 2 hours if you have to.