Universal Advance Restuarant Reservations

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Universal Advance Restuarant Reservations

Good morning fodorites:

We are going to Universal Studios Orlando for the day in June. Do the restuarants there accept advance reservations like the ones in WDW? Is there a sit-down restaurant other than the Hard Rock Cafe you can recommend that a 9 year-old girl would like? My daughter and I are going.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you staying at one of the on-site hotels? If so, you will get "next available seating" at the restuarants in City Walk and the parks.
We LOVE Mythos which is a sit down (very nice) restaurant inside Islands of Adventure. Great atmosphere and wonderful food and service. Here is a link to restaurant menus at the parks and City Walk. The only one you need advance reservations is Emerils in City Walk and Emerils Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific Resort. You can make them at opentable.com
Here are two menu links:
http://allearsnet.com/uni/menu/menus.htm

Universal Studios Florida Menus
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK that second one didn't work as someone set it up on another site: Here's a link to the page it is on:

http://www.nogodforme.com/UniversalMenus2007.htm
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:32 AM

We just returned from a trip to Universal in March. City Walk is wonderful and has several restaurants to choose from. Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett's themed restaurant) is a fun one - it has a volcano inside that "goes off" every 45 minutes. It's loud and fun for kids. Also, has a kid friendly menu. The Kitchen located on the bottom floor of the Hard Rock Hotel is also neat and very kid friendly. It's right next door to a yummy ice cream shop - you could enjoy dessert there. I also agree with the last post - Mythos is yummy and is right in the middle of the Islands of Adventure theme park.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:39 AM

Mythos is very affordable, and the decor is fun for any age.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Tchoup Chop is my favorite restaurant of all time! It's not inexpensive but I see it as a treat for a special night.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Another vote for Mythos. Recommend making your ressies in advance of your trip. We've also been to Tchoup Chop, twice. It's nice, a bit pricy, and the food can be a bit "different" for young kids. Depends whether you have a picky eater or not. Margaritaville is a fun place to have a casual dinner / lunch and it is typically very busy so I'd check whether they take ressies There are several other restaurants located in the CityWalk area and if you are staying onsite, just a quick walk or water taxi ride from your hotel. Have fun.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM

You can make reservations by calling the "Dining Line" at 407-224-9255. The Kitchen in the Hard Rock Hotel is good, but not worth the walk from US, IMO. Mythos is good, but it takes a long time to eat there. Also, if you are spending the day at US, it's a long walk to IOA. Lombards Seafood Grill is right in US and is pretty good. My 3 picky eaters, (11,8 & 8), all found selections they enjoyed there. I have heard good things about Margaritaville, but have never been there.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help. I think we will try Margaritaville or Lombards as I have a picky eater with me.