Two Adults Three Kids

Jul 15th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Two Adults Three Kids

Thanks one and all for everyone who has helped so far in our trip of a lifetime...next question in the UK it is very hard to find a hotel motel that accepts two adults and three kids in one room.....all we want to do is sleep and the kids will all sleep in the same bed ......whats the situation in the states? I know we can have suites but will the budget chains accept all of us in one room or will we have the same trouble as in the UK....many thanks

Ade
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:41 PM

I think the answer to this question lies (no pun intended) in the fire codes of the state where the hotel/motel is located.
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:44 PM
ALF

We used to do this all the time with our two kids, who never minded sleeping on the floor or sharing a bed. It never seemed to be a problem. Sometimes hotels have insisted on bringing in a cot and having us pay for it, but we have never been turned away. Of course, now that our son is 180cm and our daughter is 150cm, this doesn't work out too well anymore.
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:52 PM
cd

We have done this many times with no problem as long as the kids do not mind sleeping in the same bed. We have also paid an extra $10.00 for a cot or a crib. Our kids are grown now with kids their own so we often get a family suite which is a seperate bedroom with two doubles and a pull-out sofa.
Jul 15th, 2003, 04:54 PM

bennie is right about the fire codes, or at least that's the excuse I always hear. We are 2 adults and 4 kids and virtually everywhere we've been they tell us the limit is 5 per room, so I think you should be okay.