Annapolis Sun. Brunch or Dinner ???

Jun 25th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Anne

Annapolis Sun. Brunch or Dinner ???

Our family will have a gettogether for Mom's birthday in Annapolis end of July. Where could we have a nice brunch or dinner ? Somewhere special ? Not a hamburgers/beer place.
Lovely view and atmosphere a big plus, good food very important ! Family members 16-70 years old.The teenagers can "take" a dining experience", but our dress will be "nice casual" . Thanks for your help !

Aug 13th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Anne

It's me again.

I had no responses here, but in case someone else is looking for a nice place, I want to spread the word.
I got info on 2 places :
1.Les Folies 2552 Riva Rd. 410-573-0970
2.Cafe Bretton in Arnold MD 410-647-8222. We had a lovely dinner at Les Folies, and it is a delightful place with French food.

Bon Appetit !!!

Apr 18th, 2002, 02:59 PM
sparkle

I can also attest to an excellent Sunday Brunch at Carroll's Creek. I have had both dinner and brunch there which were good. They don't take reservations, so go early - they are always busy. My teenage nieces liked as did my mother. I think that the price is about $18 per person.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:58 PM
Patti

Hi Anne

Carrolls creek has the best brunch in the area. It's a great restaurant - right on Spa Creek and looks out on Annapolis and the Naval Academy. You'll need a reservation tho - restaurant is actually in Eastport - walking distance from downtown Annapolis.

La Folies is very, very nice; a little more of a dinner restaurant but unfortunately, no view!! great food
Cafe Bretton is good but again - no view. There's a good restaurant further north toward Pasadena called "window in the Bay" and it's good
If you'd like to go across the bay there's a great restaurant called "The Narrows" and they take reservations. I'll try to remember some others and get back to you.

Apr 29th, 2002, 09:34 AM
JB

Carrol's Creek has a great brunch, and the restaurant is on the water. Your other nice brunch option in town is the Treaty of Paris Restaurant in the Maryland Inn. This is located at the top of Main Street. Very nice and historic building. Very Annapolis.

Carrol's Creek has a very different feel. It is a more modern restaurant.

The best waterside spot is the lounge in the Chart House. A not-to-miss fun activity is to take the water taxi from city dock. It will take you right to the Chart House ($1.50 each). The key is to settle in the lounge...sunset is great as it faces West with a great view of Annapolis and the Naval Academy. Have drink or an appatizer and enjoy.

You can't go wrong at any of these places. Casual dress is the norm in Annapolis and is accepted everywhere.

Good luck..

JB

Apr 30th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Ron

Carroll's Creek is one of the best for brunch, Around$13.95 p/p and the Narrows on Kent Narrows for dinner rates up there with the best the area has to offer. One word of advice though, the bay bridge can be a nightmare at times ( for the Narrows). If that dosen't scare you, you will not be dissapointed. While your on the Island check out the Crab Deck, Harris's and the Beach Club, all within a mile or two of each other. Good Luck and enjoy the Bay

Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:20 PM

I am topping this because I am going to Annapolis this weekend and want to know if there are other suggestions. Thanks
Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:38 PM
bluestructure

SUNDAY BRUNCH AT RAMS HEAD TAVERN IS GREAT - LIVE MUSIC IS FUN AND PLENTY OF OUTDOOR SEATING OUT FRONT ON SIDEWALK OR IN THE BACK. ITS LOCATED RIGHT OFF WEST ST NEAR PARKING GARAGE BY CHURCH CIRCLE. DINNER IS GREAT TOO

Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:39 PM
bluestructure

WWW.RAMSHEADTAVERN.COM

Jun 26th, 2003, 10:25 AM

Char House ahs the best brunch. Carroll's Creek is also good too. If you want to head over the bay bridge, Annie's and The Narrows have good brunches (about 15 min east of annapolis).
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:07 AM

We did not think Buddy's was good at all. Poor service and average or below average food. Go elsewhere
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:53 AM

May I suggest a restaurant just over the Bay Bridge called The Narrows. The food is great there and the atmosphere is fine. It's a short drive from Annapolis and I think it would be worth it. The Narrows is at Kent Narrows, Queen Anne's County.
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:05 PM

The Chart House has an INCREDIBLE Sunday Brunch- they are known for it!!

Chart House Restaurant
300 Second St.
Annapolis, MD 21403
Phone: (410) 268-7166

Enjoy!